DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it possible to use MP at 2 pers, one flying and one moving camera?

debric france

Reactions
Is it possible to use MP at 2 pers, one flying and one moving camera?
If yes can you give me all a step by step instruction?
Thanks all!

I wouldn't suggest it. It's dual controller capable but what does that mean? It means that your slave controller can also control orientation. Since the camera on the mavic only really moves up and down. It's not like say an Inspire where the slave controller only controls the camera. You would probably have the most control with an auto pilot app.

To answer your question, I don't have my Mavic right now and my bag is at the office with my notes in it however; I guess the question you will first have to answer is, how do you want your Mavic to perform? For cinematic filming or for something else? You will most likely have to adjust more than just your gimbal settings if you're looking for smooth flight and movement characteristics.

To answer your question, I don't have my Mavic right now and my bag is at the office with my notes in it however; I guess the question you will first have to answer is, how do you want your Mavic to perform? For cinematic filming or for something else? You will most likely have to adjust more than just your gimbal settings if you're looking for smooth flight and movement characteristics.

I m trying to do smooth shots, I don t know how to limit the gimbal to go to high or to low, and as I am new with drone sometimes I am stress and miss the shot, so I do it till I get it.I try to do crane shots. I was trying to film a tree, go back from it then up on his side with the gimbal as the same time .. sorry difficult to explain.

I m trying to do smooth shots, I don t know how to limit the gimbal to go to high or to low, and as I am new with drone sometimes I am stress and miss the shot, so I do it till I get it.I try to do crane shots. I was trying to film a tree, go back from it then up on his side with the gimbal as the same time .. sorry difficult to explain.

Well you're not going to be able to limit how far the gimbal pitch is, beyond the hardware limits so most likely you're looking to smooth out your pitch movement which is easy to do in the gimbal settings. I am the same way and I almost have my gimbal pitch movement set to move too slowly. I think the setting is Gimbal Pitch Exp. I have mine set to something like 4, which is pretty slow. You can also set how long it takes for the gimbal to actually stop it's pitch movement. The usefulness for that setting is to prevent the jerking movement you get once you release the gimbal pitch wheel.

You must also practice, there is no better way to get proficient. Here's what I suggest. Use Go4 and setup a simple waypoint mission that has visual targets that you can plan to focus on. Before you set the waypoint make sure your heading is in the direction of your subject. As you fly through your waypoint mission, use only the gimbal pitch wheel to bring your subject into the frame. Run through your mission as many times as possible until (while changing the settings of your wheel speed in the settings between missions), you find a speed that you like.

Let me clarify why I think you should start with the gimbal settings. I think you should start there because once you've set the gimbal speed you can move to changing the characteristics of how the Mavic yaws (if need be). If you're using an auto pilot you may not (immediately), need to worry about the yaw speed because the autopilot software should smoothly transition your heading from one waypoint to the next.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidwujr