DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is the rear light on the Mavic Air a button?

OldBlueHeron

Reactions
Take a look at the rear light on your Mavic Air. Now press it. Does it feel like a button to you? If it is, does anyone know what it's for?

End thread... Ironically RTFM. WiFi reset.
No worries OBH. I believe every one that purchased the MA had to connect their controller for the first time, using the rear tail light button.;)

Reactions: OldBlueHeron
No worries OBH. I believe every one that purchased the MA had to connect their controller for the first time, using the rear tail light button.;)

Nope, mine came paired, ready to go when connected to phone with the cable. Had to re-pair after using my phone as the controller though.

Reactions: MavicMo
I had the same question. My MA was paired to my remote when I received it and even after firmware update. I read the manual and saw it was called a status light and function button. But I didn't see where in the manual it explained "what functions" it controlled. What page in the user manual explains its use/capability?

The button/light is for switching modes on the MA. Your drone comes paired with the OTG controller/cable, if you want to switch to just the phone you can hold the button until it flashes twice. If you hold it until it flashes 3 times it's suppose to do something else I don't remember. There's a video on youtube that explains the button operation.

Nope, mine came paired, ready to go when connected to phone with the cable. Had to re-pair after using my phone as the controller though.
Interesting, When activating my MA, it ask me to choose what type of connection. After choosing the controller, it prompted me to pair by pressing the button.

Hold for 2 seconds / 1 beep to link remote control.
Hold for 4 seconds / 2 beeps to link mobile phone.
Hold for 6 seconds / 3 beeps to fully reset wifi to defaults.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dond40127