DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there any Trim in the Remote controller?

jpedersm

Reactions
Last couple of flights I have notice the Mavic fly in a right angle while going forward. To make sure everything was straight I was following a line on the ground and it definitively went off to the right. Also while looking into the phone it looks like from where the camera is pointed it is also angling off to one way a little. I calibrated the controller and did a IMU calibration. Also every flight I do a compass calibration to (I like dancing with my drone). Any idea on what could be causing this or is there a way to trim the controller to correct this?

When I calibrated the controller both stick read zero. And yes I also did the Gimbal to. All of these have been separate times. Maybe it is worth Calibrating all them together to see what happens. I would contact DJI but listing to every ones horror stories about them I stayed away and saved the money.

If you've correctly calibrated the IMU and the compass and the gimbal and the RC then you've done all you can regarding that. Also make sure you're calibrating in optimum areas. IMU and Gimbal for example on a completely flat, level surface - check it with a spirit level. Compass outdoors a good 30ft or so from the nearest bit of metal and wiring.

If its still angling it could be wind or could be a dodgy prop so check those for damage and flexibility.
If that does work, download the .DAT file and go through those, you'll be able to see if there is compass drift, control input, motor RPM errors and so on.

DJI assistant has log viewers. Or download CSVView or similar.

I thought the assistant just allowed us to pull the logs. If I can read them, is there a way to get the logs from the controller so I can see if I can match up when I had the controller going in a strait forward direction.

There's a log file viewer in the program directory (and via the menu in assistant 2).

Worth noting the .dat off the drone stores far more detailed logs than the .txt off the mobile device.

So like the drone there is a .dat file what it all has I don't know but someone stated it has the motor rpm. Would there be some file on the controller that will show what directions the sticks were pressed? If there is and both are timed stamp I could see if some motors had more RPM when going in a forward direction.

I see it now, when the wind calms from under 15 to 25 mph ill position it over a long street and just go forward on it the entire street. Is there a way to match up the logs with when I do this with the log coming from the mavic?

In go 4 app go to me

Screenshot_20171023-200650.png

Flight record
Screenshot_20171023-200707.png
Click a flight from the bottom
Screenshot_20171023-201122.png
Press controller symbol and play

Shows the stick positions and numeric value

I see it now, when the wind calms from under 15 to 25 mph ill position it over a long street and just go forward on it the entire street. Is there a way to match up the logs with when I do this with the log coming from the mavic?
The .DAT from the Mavic will have both motor RPM and stick inputs - no need to try and eyeball synchronize to log viewers. If I understand what you want to do there is a signal called thrustAngle that CsvView/DatCon computes. Basically, it's computed from motorSpeeds and gives a rough idea of the direction of travel based on motor speeds. It's not accurate enough for what you want to do because it's computed from motor speeds - any method using motor speeds will have the same inaccuracies. This is because the FC will command what ever motor speeds are required to achieve a particular direction of flight. This will change because of wind, differences in props, etc.

You might want to use the directionOfTravel:true signal that CsvView/DatCon computes which is based on successive GPS coords. It's tricky though because you'll need to compare a video playback with the directionOfTravel:true signal.

The few situations like yours that I've looked at were caused by the gimbal/camera being pointed to the side.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hussy112233