DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is this a good deal?! (Cinemizer Goggles)

najkks

Reactions
Im about to buy the Zeiss Cinemizer goggles for FPV with my Mavic

Im not sure, but the "head-tracker"-s only purpose if to make me able to fly by moving my head, right?

I got a deal on a new Cinemizer (wihout headtracker / sunvizor) for $425

And with Headtracker / sunvizor for $645

But im not sure that im in need for the head-tracker?
Or does it have any other purpose than track my head-movements when flying?

And the sunvizor i can buy for an extra $45 if i want to later on..

So, what do you think? Which package-deal is the way to go here?

Reactions: alexkamson
The Mavic flight IMU is not head tracker aware, so does you no good. Head trackers are typically used on FPV aircraft with Pan & Tilt cameras.

The Mavic flight IMU is not head tracker aware, so does you no good. Head trackers are typically used on FPV aircraft with Pan & Tilt cameras.

That's not quite accurate. The app supports head tracking, which you can already use with litchi combined with vr headset. The new dji goggles will certainly have head tracking. It's simply a matter of having an app that leverages the gyro and accelerometer data of any head tracking device.

Last edited:
Hmm.. so the headtracking in this case supports the camera tilting up/down?

or does it support the aircraft flying in the direction i tilt my head?

I think ive heard that i can set this in the Litchi -app, and decide between "camera movement" or "drone movement" ?

but in many reviews they say that it's quite hard flying in "drone movement" -mode, so they prefer only to tilt the camera with head-tracking!

Litchi vr has several modes:
  1. No head movement input (just looking at the screen)
  2. Head movement just controls the gimbal up and down
  3. "Immersive" where head movement controls the yaw and gimbal. But when you start this mode you are, of course, looking the direction of the camera and the direction you look is the way the camera looks. So if you wanted the mavic to turn around and look the other way, you physically have to turn around and look the other way.
  4. "Joystick" where head movement controls the yaw and gimbal. But when you are in this mode, just turning your head left and right or up and down is like moving the left joystick or the gimbal wheel. If you turned your head left and kept it there the mavic would continue to turn left until you looked straight ahead again.
Your head movement doesn't control any kind of movement of the aircraft (up, down, forward, back, left or right) except yaw and gimbal, so unless you are moving the aircraft with the controller joysticks, it won't go crazy and crash when you take the headset off.

Litchi vr has several modes:
  1. No head movement input (just looking at the screen)
  2. Head movement just controls the gimbal up and down
  3. "Immersive" where head movement controls the yaw and gimbal. But when you start this mode you are, of course, looking the direction of the camera and the direction you look is the way the camera looks. So if you wanted the mavic to turn around and look the other way, you physically have to turn around and look the other way.
  4. "Joystick" where head movement controls the yaw and gimbal. But when you are in this mode, just turning your head left or right is like moving the left joystick. If you turned your head left and kept it there the mavic would continue to turn left until you looked straight ahead again.
You don't control any kind of movement of the aircraft (up, down, forward, back, left or right) except yaw and gimbal, so unless you are moving the aircraft with the controller joysticks, it won't go crazy and crash when you take the headset off.

Oh okey.. so at the end the most "headtracking" is by yaw left or right.. but still the drone would continue hover on the same height?

so i can "turn" the drone around while in air, by using that option in the Cinemizer with headtracker?

and also tilt the gimbal up / down by using that option?

I was afraid to fly by my own only using headtracker, so if i accidently look down in the ground the drone would follow and crash ;)

Oh okey.. so at the end the most "headtracking" is by yaw left or right.. but still the drone would continue hover on the same height?

so i can "turn" the drone around while in air, by using that option in the Cinemizer with headtracker?

and also tilt the gimbal up / down by using that option?

I was afraid to fly by my own only using headtracker, so if i accidently look down in the ground the drone would follow and crash ;)
Yes, the drone will hover and not fly to a lower elevation when you look down.

Sorry, but I really don't know anything about the Cinemizer. I just used my phone in a cheap vr headset.

Reactions: najkks
The HT in the cinemizer is of no use at all. There's no way to connect it to the app/device.
The mentioned apps use the phone's sensors, so you have to use your phone as the display/tracking device.

Also note the fact that you can't use your cinemizers for anything Mavic-related unless you use an android device with HDMI output.

The HT in the cinemizer is of no use at all. There's no way to connect it to the app/device.
The mentioned apps use the phone's sensors, so you have to use your phone as the display/tracking device.

Also note the fact that you can't use your cinemizers for anything Mavic-related unless you use an android device with HDMI output.

well i bought the nvidia shield that has hdmi out :)

what do you intend by saying that the HT is of no use at all with the cinemizers? even if i use the nvidia shield with hdmi out?

Yes, the drone will hover and not fly to a lower elevation when you look down.

Sorry, but I really don't know anything about the Cinemizer. I just used my phone in a cheap vr headset.

ive bought the Homodi H2 goggles (that i place the phone in)

does it work well with the DJI Mavic with a cheaper headset?
i guess you only use it to "fly with the drone", so that what the camera picks up is what you see in the headset?

there is no headtracking or similar even if you use the Litchi app - combined with a cheap headset?

Cinemizers work with Shield k1. Personally I would forget the Head Tracking...do a search on here for cinemizers n shield...check out youtube.

what do you intend by saying that the HT is of no use at all with the cinemizers? even if i use the nvidia shield with hdmi out?
Yes - you'll be able to use video, but not the headtracker. There is no software that can be used to fly the Mavic that will process input from a USB headtracker.

Yes - you'll be able to use video, but not the headtracker. There is no software that can be used to fly the Mavic that will process input from a USB headtracker.

Ehm okey?

because some say that YES you can use the headtracker.. when you tilt / turn your head - the gimbal will tilt / yaw left or right?

i just want to be able to see with the goggles what the gimbal/camera sees..

and also, if i move my head up / down, i want the camera/gimbal to tilt up/down (and maybe also yaw if i turn my head left/right)

now.. is this possible with the Litchi app? and if so, does this require the headtracker?

They're NOT using the Cinemizers.

You CAN use headtracking with the Mavic, but this is only using the mobile device itself as a tracking and display device by putting it in one of these things: The 14 Best Budget VR Headsets for iOS and Android in 2017 - Shopomo

so, if i buy the cinemizers, they will only serve as a "larger screen" that make's me feel like im in the drone myself?

is there any headset where i can actually controll the gimbal, yaw and so on, by moving my head/headtracking device? (not the kind you put the phone in)

so, if i buy the cinemizers, they will only serve as a "larger screen" that make's me feel like im in the drone myself?
Correct. It's actually much less large of a screen than whet you'd get with the phone accessory.

is there any headset where i can actually controll the gimbal, yaw and so on, by moving my head/headtracking device? (not the kind you put the phone in)
No.

So what EXACTLY are the options for connecting these to the MA?
Does it have to be an Android tablet, and if so are there other models that will work? Surely there is some other solution since Nvidia Shield tablets happen to be incredibly hard to find right now.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr