DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is This Normal?

AK47AR

Reactions
The cached photos from the M2P that exist on the device look terrible. Moire and grain. The P4P on the other hand looks crystal clear despite being at the same resolution of 960 x 640... Are others seeing this with their Mavic 2 Pros?? The photos on SD card are fine however... Thx for any insight on this. I'm about to return and replace this drone...
screen_4d51bbbaf74e91c6_1543711106000.jpgthumbnail.jpg

The cached photos from the M2P that exist on the device look terrible. Moire and grain. The P4P on the other hand looks crystal clear despite being at the same resolution of 960 x 640... Are others seeing this with their Mavic 2 Pros?? The photos on SD card are fine however... Thx for any insight on this. I'm about to return and replace this drone...
View attachment 55021View attachment 55022

Why would you return it just based on the cached photos looking rubbish? Just like the cached video they’re only supposed to be a reference point - I just delete mine once I’ve checked them over.

"The photos on SD card are fine however."

You pretty much have the answer to your "problem", cached files are not the original high res that you have in your SD card. You have no problem with your craft...

Why would you return it just based on the cached photos looking rubbish? Just like the cached video they’re only supposed to be a reference point - I just delete mine once I’ve checked them over.
Thank you for your reply... It was considered because it did not seem normal. I know that the cached files are of lower quality and I know that the high res files are on the bird. But my question is, how come the P4P does not look that crappy despite its cached photos being of the same resolution. 960 x 640. This is why I presumed maybe something was wrong with this M2P. Because these cached photos have always been so clear, I've relied on them to give me a good idea what the finals look like and I guess, the super grainy and moire filled preview just took me for a loop. Its not something I cant get used to, I was just merely wondering why the P4P at the same reso looks like this... Lines are straight, no moire, no significant grain...

screen_e56dbfdce902010b_1538533822000.jpg

"The photos on SD card are fine however."

You pretty much have the answer to your "problem", cached files are not the original high res that you have in your SD card. You have no problem with your craft...

Thx for your reply! I guess to be more clear, I was trying to figure out why these low res files looked vastly different from the low res files from the P4P, which are of the same resolution. So that discrepancy led me to suspect something was amiss. As I was telling the gentleman above, I've gotten used to this preview having some level of clarity, enough for me to look it over and be satisfied that I have indeed captured the elements that I want, but the super grainy version off the M2P makes it a tad bit more difficult... Thanks for all the help guys.

Reactions: FiShBuRn
Thank you for your reply... It was considered because it did not seem normal. I know that the cached files are of lower quality and I know that the high res files are on the bird. But my question is, how come the P4P does not look that crappy despite its cached photos being of the same resolution. 960 x 640. This is why I presumed maybe something was wrong with this M2P. Because these cached photos have always been so clear, I've relied on them to give me a good idea what the finals look like and I guess, the super grainy and moire filled preview just took me for a loop. Its not something I cant get used to, I was just merely wondering why the P4P at the same reso looks like this... Lines are straight, no moire, no significant grain...

View attachment 55033

Oh ok sorry I didn’t mean to sound sniffy. I’ve never had a P4 so I guess I’ve got nothing to compare it to. You’re right though the cached photos in particular are terrible on the MP2 (and the Air) but I still find them a decent reference point.

Thx for your reply! I guess to be more clear, I was trying to figure out why these low res files looked vastly different from the low res files from the P4P, which are of the same resolution.
To be sure if this is the case, you'd have to compare shots of the same subject in the same lighting conditions.

Oh ok sorry I didn’t mean to sound sniffy. I’ve never had a P4 so I guess I’ve got nothing to compare it to. You’re right though the cached photos in particular are terrible on the MP2 (and the Air) but I still find them a decent reference point.

No worries. I don't get bothered by much. I really appreciate everyone chiming in. Seems as though this is a trait of this drone. Ive tried it on android and apple devices with the same result. I can live with it. To reply to Meta 4, lighting is not the issue i dont think. My examples are merely the ones I picked off the tablet from the different drones, but even when shooting the same subject at the same time of day, the difference is glaring. I think the issue is the down sampling. The P4P is down sampling from 720 to 640 where as the M2P is down sampling from 1080 to 640 and hence we get that ugly difference... I will easily train myself not to even look at those caches photos for reference... Thanks guys!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife