DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is this really the Mavic photo quality?

kaitlyn

Reactions
Was planning to go out today but had some front vision sensor calibration errors, so I wasn't up very long. Took a few random shots, but when I load them up they look.. disgusting?

Forget the flat boring scene, it just seems extremely low quality? I forget if this was before or after I tapped-to-focus, but someone mentioned to me elsewhere that the latest versions automatically focus now?

JPG:
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

RAW file:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20229831/DJI_0006.DNG

Did you "tap to focus", after you took off?

I appreciate the help, but I clearly mentioned the state of the tap-to-focus (I'm not sure) and that I was also under the impression it now autofocuses.

I beleive it only autofocuses when pressing the video record button and not the picture button.

I could be wrong on this one and need someone to validate that statement.

I beleive it only autofocuses when pressing the video record button and not the picture button.

I could be wrong on this one and need someone to validate that statement.

I calibrated the vision sensors using DJI assistant... SEEMS it's not failing anymore (fingers crossed!) but I won't be able to bring it out tomorrow... it's snowing a bunch :(

Reactions: Anthonyk
I calibrated the vision sensors using DJI assistant... SEEMS it's not failing anymore (fingers crossed!) but I won't be able to bring it out tomorrow... it's snowing a bunch :(
I am unaware of any link between forward vision sensors and photo quality. The forward vision sensors are for obstacle avoidance.

I am unaware of any link between forward vision sensors and photo quality. The forward vision sensors are for obstacle avoidance.

I assumed as much as well - but it was also simply referencing why my flight time/trials was cut short. Didn't know if there were potentially more faults so I didn't really fly it too far away or for very long...

It might have been the low light - but do a full reset of all the things that can affect camera quality - as shown in this video - and the mavic will be at the best it can then.

It's mainly a bit out of focus, you can still almost get a usable (if boring) image from the RAW

Attachments

• DJI_0006.jpg
    DJI_0006.jpg
    895.7 KB · Views: 49
  • DJI_0006-2.jpg
    DJI_0006-2.jpg
    687.3 KB · Views: 45
Reactions: stutee
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online