DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is this wire chafing normal?

hidaven

Reactions
Check this out......Do yours look like this?

Attachments

• 20170119_165154.jpg
    20170119_165154.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 200
That outer mesh sheath is likely designed to take the wear of rubbing/moving parts. Does the cable have any give if you push it lightly?

How many times would you have open/closed the arm?

There has been an issue with some Mavic having that cable wear out and eventually short out the wire going to the ESC and as a result crashing the drone/fall from sky.

I was told to inspect those cords to see if they look too long as the malfunction claims to be from kinking up and tearing from the extra unnecesary length.

Note: my mavic cord seems tighter against the arm pit /or/ shorter than yours does. Fyi

There has been an issue with some Mavic having that cable wear out and eventually short out the wire going to the ESC and as a result crashing the drone/fall from sky.

I was told to inspect those cords to see if they look too long as the malfunction claims to be from kinking up and tearing from the extra unnecesary length.

Where did u get the info on the cable issue? To be an "issue" there would have to be a lot of cases. I have not heard of even one issue with wires wearing through and mavics crashing. But I would love to read about these issues you speak of so could u post a link.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Logger

Wow, didn't know that, could you post a link?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Mine makes a grating sound when you unfold the arm also its totally fine IMO.

Mine looks exactly like that and I was wondering the same thing. The braiding looks weird right in the middle

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78