DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is this worth the purchase? Spectum Grades STRATUS Cinematic Film Color

cderoche

Reactions
Just wondering if this LUT package is worth buying for $28 or just use the auto features I've been using in Adobe Photoshop? It has 16 custom color grades made specifically for Mavic Pro. Here is a video this guy did supposedly using the package.

Here are some videos I graded in Photoshop using the auto settings of these layers:

-Brightness/Contrast
-Levels
-Curves
-and manually set Vibrance to enhance colors.
I also just started clicking "calculate a more accurate histogram" where available on these

A few of my graded videos: (don't be too harsh , my location stinks compared to his, plus I'm a noob still!)

(this one was meant to fly over a plantation but ran into a cellphone tower interference)

I use them for some projects. Just know, there are many free LUT's out there on a few different sites if you want to give it a try. I use FCPX most of the time with a LUT loader.

PS - Typically, cell towers do not cause interference from a safe distance, ie; not directly in front of the antennas.

PS - Typically, cell towers do not cause interference from a safe distance, ie; not directly in front of the antennas.

Thumbswayup gotcha, the tower in question was more than a half mile from where my drone was but my drone was pretty far out from me. My next attempt will be much closer to the spot I was wanting to film.

(this one was meant to fly over a plantation but ran into a cellphone tower interference)
Dem towers no problem bro ;)
Tower Interference not bad as everyone thinks :)

Dem towers no problem bro ;)
Tower Interference not bad as everyone thinks :)

Cool! Wonder what that weird dome antenna was? I guess it depends how far away from the Mavic you are, I've flown near towers in different areas near me and all of them caused strong interference. I was more than a half mile out flying in each case also. It also depends on what frequency and power the tower is transmitting at. There is a radio station tower WCKW/KSTE not far from home that's 2000ft high, tallest structure in Louisiana, I'd love to fly around it and make it look up at it while flying at max altitude but I'm concerned at the 100,000 watts output :( - even though the frequency is way lower than what the Mavic uses.... When I had a CB Radio "back in the day" I used a Texas Star 50 watt amp on a modified Cobra pro510 in my truck (shh!) and it would bleed over TV's and radios when near them. My friend had an even more powerful setup and he used to get free car washes from a certain car wash when he made his antenna touch the metal roof on the car wash and key up the mike on full amp power. lol

The only tower I didn't have any trouble with was this one :):

@cderoche that was a Doppler Dome used for weather stations here .
Also I kinda got your thread off track sorry bout that .

Reactions: cderoche
Ken did a radio tower with no issues. Check it out...

Awesome!
you guys are really tempting me to do one on the big skinny tower in Vacherie across the river from my house.... know any unlock codes that will let me go like 400ft higher? ;););)

@cderoche that was a Doppler Dome used for weather stations here .
Also I kinda got your thread off track sorry bout that .

figured it was a big radome for something like that...

No sweat I derail threads all the time, sometimes you learn a lot like I did.

I did find a free LUT site Lutify.me I'll test those out...

This forum has been one of the best I've ever subscribed too. Lots of good info and you don't constantly get bashed and belittled by the senior members that know it all.

Last edited:
Don't waste ur money.... If your in FCPx just adjust ur exposure mid curve up by 10 to 15 % and add 5% saturation

Thanks for all the input on this topic. I think I'll test out a couple of the freebie LUTs and more or less just keep using what I've been doing already.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverbobomalem