DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is your Mavic drone your most amazing toy?

Edslittleworld

Reactions
I collect crazy toys ranging from carbon fiber bicycles, Bluetooth electronics, Class 4 lasers, ham radios, my BMW motorcycle, multiple firearms, sporting vehicles, etc. However, the Mavic is by far my most amazing toy. The way it folds up so compactly and how it can reliably travel for miles and come back...every single time. Plus, give amazing video feed and pictures. Finally, the accessories are simply amazing. Is your Mavic drone your most amazing toy?

Last edited:
Reactions: Sir Francisc
Assault rifles? Or do you mean semi automatic sporting rifles.. If you do own a Full auto rifle thats bad ***.

Assault rifles? Or do you mean semi automatic sporting rifles.. If you do own a Full auto rifle thats bad ***.

You are correct. They're not select fire, but they are SBRs. Thanks!

Reactions: Kestrel
I've owned a ton of guns and stuff but my drones are what brings me the most fun, guns are only a once and while trip to the range deal because I have to buy ammo all the time but with my drones I can fly them pretty much every day if the weather is right.

I've owned a ton of guns and stuff but my drones are what brings me the most fun, guns are only a once and while trip to the range deal because I have to buy ammo all the time but with my drones I can fly them pretty much every day if the weather is right.

Exactly! The essentially cost nothing to operate and you can fly them outside your backyard. I tell my firearm pals that I can fly for an hour for the same price as ONE .22LR round.

Pretty close, my Corvette convertible would have to rank first, Mavic would tie with my guns, my computer tech stuff, and finally my golf stuff.

I collect crazy toys ranging from carbon fiber bicycles, Class 4 lasers, ham radios, firearms, sporting vehicles, etc. However, the Mavic is by far my most amazing toy. The way it folds up so compactly and how it can reliably travel for miles and come back...every single time. Plus, give amazing video feed and pictures. Finally, the accessories are simply amazing. Is your Mavic drone your most amazing toy?
You own class 4 lasers? Where did you get something like that?

Reactions: Edslittleworld
I was amazed at how it just stays in the same spot when I take off, my Phantom drifts around a little not much but it does, my Mavic is rock solid when its just hovering.

Mavic pro is a close second to Amateur Radio.
Ham Radio involves a lot more equipment and complexity and you can use it 24/7 no matter the weather. Not to mention that firing up 1500 Watts of solid state amplifier feels like throwing the switch on the death star. Yeah you can hear me now!

Rob

Reactions: Edslittleworld
My (fairly) new BMW S1000R is ranks high on my scale, but it's also excacerbated my tinninitis. Plus, the last speeding ticket costs THREE Mavic batteries and nothing to show for it!

Wow. 1000 mW, are you drilling with them? How much?

Depends. For the blue/violet lasers up to 2W or more...you can find one for a few hundred. Not as visible as green and can (long-term) damage your retinal cells from simple exposure to scatter. If you want a DPSS green laser (532nm), expect to pay around a $1 per mW.

Check out laserpointerforums for more info. There's a lot to learn.

Depends. For the blue/violet lasers up to 2W or more...you can find one for a few hundred. Not as visible as green and can (long-term) damage your retinal cells from simple exposure to scatter. If you want a DPSS green laser (532nm), expect to pay around a $1 per mW.

Check out laserpointerforums for more info. There's a lot to learn.

The closest thing I have is a class 3b 5mW Green Laser.

My CNC router and laser engraver are probably my most fun toys. The Mavic is next.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeoTony