DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Issue Solved

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSnowyPilot

Reactions
This is what I sent to the official DJI forum but I figured I would get a response faster here. If anyone could help advise that would be appreciated.

For now I only need help on this, not locating the owner.

1704044497581.png

Reading between the lines here...

Are you asking us if anyone will know you stole the drone if you're able to get it working and decide to keep it?

This drone is bound to someone else's DJI account, so you won't be able to bind it to your account. For that reason, tracking down the owner seems to be the best (and most ethical) plan of action here.

Not stealing, I want to test full functionality so if DJI can help I can roughly tell the owner what condition the drone is in apart from what I know so far from inspecting and cleaning it myself.

yea just see if you can find the owner and let them figure out whats wrong with it. Its not yours don't mess with it
:nono:

Understood. That will be all. Thank you

Some of the criticism was pointed and I can see how this might ruffle feathers, but the point being made is spot on, and you really should carefully consider it.

It's not your property to make such decisions with. What if something is wrong, and you lose control and destroy it? Worse, what if this happens purely out of pilot error?

I know I wouldn't look too kindly on, "well it just would have happened to you too, it was messed up!". What? You don't know that, stranger.

Do the right thing and make a good faith effort to find the owner and return it without messing with it. The good will will be far more valuable than any satisfaction of your curiosity.

Ethically, it's about the same as seeing someone left their keys in the car, and you decide to take it for a spin "to see what it does". Just a matter of scale.

I wanted to test the camera. Nothing more. One of the legs, the gimbal, and several propellers are broken. It got run over by a lawnmower.

I don’t mean to be rude to anyone but I don’t appreciate the immediate assumption I was stealing or have bad intentions. Consider the fact if I wished to steal a £500 drone I’d do it, there’s no need for me to ask advice on that, it would’ve been on eBay for parts by now. But it isn’t, the fact I even mentioned contacting DJI to find the owner in my initial post should have told you stealing was not going to happen. If I was going to keep it it would be after contacting the owner IF and ONLY IF they said they no longer want the drone because of it being out for 5 months and damaged.

Last edited:
dud leave the drone alone find the owner let him and DJI test it. its not yours don't mess with it gee-sh how many time do you need this warning

?

Despite what some people apparently think, I’m not an idiot. I can read. I’m not going to link my remote to it. I’ll find the owner if I can.

Time to tone it down about 50 notches and start replying with civility.

OP take the advice to contact DJI and let them try to get the owner to contact you. Do not troubleshoot it.

Others please stop accusing the OP of criminal intent! That is stretching the situation to an unnecessary extreme.

I find it hard to believe that adults can keep acting this way. SMH

Despite what some people apparently think, I’m not an idiot. I can read. I’m not going to link my remote to it. I’ll find the owner if I can.
DJI is the best way. They have the e-mail on file and WILL contact the owner. It may take a few days. Good luck

For future reference, You could have pulled the SD card to see if there is any owner information on it. Some owners put a text file on their cards. You could also see if there are any photos that show the owner taking off and the video might identify where they took off from, some even have video/photos of the owner.

This is what I sent to the official DJI forum but I figured I would get a response faster here. If anyone could help advise that would be appreciated.

For now I only need help on this, not locating the owner.

View attachment 171491
'"No good deed goes unpunished."

'"No good deed goes unpunished."
The OP's intent may well have been honorable, but the way his post was interpreted led to correct or incorrect assumptions.

THREAD CLOSED!!!

To @TheSnowyPilot, if you get more information that you'd like to share, drop me a PM and I'll reopen this thread for you.

to the others who took this thread and "bashed it", We are BETTER THAN THIS!!

• Love
Reactions: DoomMeister
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13