DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Italy and Greece drone regulation

Don't worry just take your drone with you. I don't think you gonna have any issues at in Greece(Ports, Islands).
Some of them they don't actually know what a drone is....
My problem will be with the cruise line giving me my Drone back when we pull into port. They may want to see proof I have permission to fly in Greece. I just want to have some kind of paper work with me to show them so I can get my Drone when we pull into port.

My problem will be with the cruise line giving me my Drone back when we pull into port. They may want to see proof I have permission to fly in Greece. I just want to have some kind of paper work with me to show them so I can get my Drone when we pull into port.

will call them today... Hope we can figure this out.

I also am taking a cruise to Greece, using Norwegian Cruise Line in 2 weeks. I just got off the phone with their customer service and they explained that they will not let me board the ship with my Mavic. Looks like I will not be able to take it with me on this trip :(

Called them again today, bureaucracy in Greece is a pain in the ***. They informed my that the web registration form is awaiting final acceptance to go live... They said it might be available this week or the next one... pffff

Reactions: RC5728

As I told you. No one is gonna ask you about permission. Just take it with you and make some great vids and photos!

Reactions: Mr Spock
As I told you. No one is gonna ask you about permission. Just take it with you and make some great vids and photos!
if the staff of the cruise boat asks for a proper document in order to give him his quadcopter when ship pulls into port then he might have a bit of a problem. It is not about Greek port officers giving permission, its is about cruise staff as long as I understand.

I am keeping an eye on the Hellenic Aviation websites to check web form daily.

Hellenic Civil Aviation Authority - Home

if the staff of the cruise boat asks for a proper document in order to give him his quadcopter when ship pulls into port then he might have a bit of a problem. It is not about Greek port officers giving permission, its is about cruise staff as long as I understand.

I am keeping an eye on the Hellenic Aviation websites to check web form daily.

Thank you. Yes, it's about the cruise boat security. Everything goes through xray when boarding the ship. I intend to have as much papers with me to prove and overwhelm them with any proof possible so they give me my drone.

guys I visited Athens 1 week ago.. i could not hold myself from flying he mavic!
took all considerations and I flew safe avoiding crowds and not being to close to archeological sites.. have a look:
I didn't ask any authorization.. I jsut been extremely safe..

I'm
guys I visited Athens 1 week ago.. i could not hold myself from flying he mavic!
took all considerations and I flew safe avoiding crowds and not being to close to archeological sites.. have a look:
I didn't ask any authorization.. I jsut been extremely safe..

I'm going to do my video of Acropolis Saturday.. Here is my video of Grand Canal.. I have one of Colosseum too

Reactions: makalu and Nasko
Here is a video of athens.

I have santorini i'm editing. Santorini actually has signs posted that says no drones at least in Oia. But i saw like 5 of them when i was there. And. Oone said anything to me. Not even hotel staff

Reactions: makalu and Nasko
Here is a video of athens.

I have santorini i'm editing. Santorini actually has signs posted that says no drones at least in Oia. But i saw like 5 of them when i was there. And. Oone said anything to me. Not even hotel staff

Nice night footage ...good job !!!

Fellas pls! Go to Greece take your drone with u and use comon scene... YES the regulations is Greece are strict but nobody is going to bother u if u dont bother anyone... thats how it is in Greece. Avoid crowded places an do not fly to close to people. There is plenty of sea side and islands to record great vids. That Zapion Vid though near the centre of Athens was not a good idea... police has confiscated a drone in the past and arrested the pilot as this site is close to the Parliament. So fly sensibly and there are other quiet spots to go take off so u can capture the Acropolis and Parthenon...
in any case i fly to Greece very often and i take my mavic with me all the time and use to take my P3A too and fly that too.
Try stay away of the centre of Athens and go to the sea side and if u are in the Islands then just be discrete and do not take off or fly to close to a busy beach.
The Greek authorities have better things to do than running after a tourist with a drone that wants to take an areal vid or pics of their beautiful country but make no mistake provoke the law and the public too much with your flying and get too much attention and then the full extend of the regulations will apply.
So i guess what i am saying it that there is a sensible Gray area here...
PS as for the fellow that the Norwegian cruiser won't allow the mavic well tell them they are talking out of they buttocks... u dont need to declare it to them just take it and when u are on the island break off the crowd go at a nice quiet spot and take off take your pics and vid cautiously without bothering others and u be fine.

Thank you. Yes, it's about the cruise boat security. Everything goes through xray when boarding the ship. I intend to have as much papers with me to prove and overwhelm them with any proof possible so they give me my drone.
i take my mavic on the plane to Greece all the time. they have no right to not let yours on-board a ship. After all it could be a present for your imaginary cuz Stelios... u dont have to tell them u will go fly it on public land.

The online registration is open as of today. I haven't checked it yet but i know you need a username and a password from the financial authorities in Greece. We as treeks have it for tax reasons but i do not know what is planned for visitors.

Reactions: Hexagon
The online registration is open as of today. I haven't checked it yet but i know you need a username and a password from the financial authorities in Greece. We as treeks have it for tax reasons but i do not know what is planned for visitors.
can you provide the form link plz?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe