DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini It's beginning to look a lot like...

It's beautiful, surreal, thank you for sharing!

Reactions: Zbip57
Really nice, are you finding that your wintry days are limited with the Mini 1 due to its lower wind resistance?

Usually my limiting factor is cold fingers. If it's too windy to fly in winter, it's also too cold for exposed fingers.

The other limitation with bright sunny days on white snow is I can't see the screen on my phone.

It was perfect flying conditions yesterday. No wind at all. Temperature hovering pleasantly right around freezing. Grey solid overcast cloud cover. The only real danger was flying too close to the snow-laden tree branches. Snow could drop suddenly from branches overhead and knock the Mini out of the sky. Or snow could slide off branches below the Mini and the branch, suddenly relieved of the heavy snow load, might whip up from below and smack the Mini out of the sky. :oops:

Luckily, none of that happened.

Loved it. That looks like my dream fishing dock too!
It is a dream location. We are incredibly lucky.

I'm not at all into fishing, but others have discovered that it's the ideal fishing spot. In the summer there are often boats and canoes floating right off the end of our dock with people casting fishing lures past our ears while we're just trying to enjoy the sunset and sipping wine on our dock. It's a small price to pay, and only on really busy weekends. Otherwise it's paradise.

Usually my limiting factor is cold fingers. If it's too windy to fly in winter, it's also too cold for exposed fingers.

The other limitation with bright sunny days on white snow is I can't see the screen on my phone.

It was perfect flying conditions yesterday. No wind at all. Temperature hovering pleasantly right around freezing. Grey solid overcast cloud cover. The only real danger was flying too close to the snow-laden tree branches. Snow could drop suddenly from branches overhead and knock the Mini out of the sky. Or snow could slide off branches below the Mini and the branch, suddenly relieved of the heavy snow load, might whip up from below and smack the Mini out of the sky. :oops:

Luckily, none of that happened.
You know I haven't even considered snow falling off a tree branch, but I also usually don't fly under the trees in such conditions anyways. But that's definitely some good foresight.

Reactions: LoudThunder
If it's too cold for bare hands, get some Touch Sensitive gloves and you will still have the use of the your screen, that is until it gets really cold. Many devices use Liquid Crystal Displays (LCD) and if you do not have "extreme weather" LCDs, the screen can go dead (Black) because the screen is literally FROZEN UP and if you are flying FPV, you had better hope you took the time set your RTH height correctly before you took off…
ice.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu