DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I've done a complete u turn

This should probably be in a new thread, but...
Is it just me, or does the MavMount look like it stops you seeing the RC screen?
I glance at the RC display quite often because it has a simple and uncluttered display of, for example: distance; signal strength; and 'REC'.
If I was designing a MavMount I'd design it so that the display was mounted below the RC - a few millimetres above the current mounting 'wings' and well away from disturbing the RF around the antennas. I mean - mounting a lump of high frequency electronics right next to the antennas doesn't sound like its a good idea?

I have already mentioned my problem with viewing the screen of my phones, since even with a full hood, I was able to look mostly at my "pretty face" :p... Then again, I did listen to one of this forum members, when he mentioned that shiny screens are a NO-NO for this kind of use, so I ordered a matte finish screen protector and that sorted out 90% of my problems; truly, I now seldom use the hood, being obtrusive when reaching the touch screen on the phone. So my suggestion to who ever has that same problem is first to try a matte finish screen protector, so it doesn't reflect like a mirror and then if not (and if you can afford it, go for the dedicated screen). By the way, if you look at that "fancy" devoted screen shown above, it has a very matte finish surface..Thumbswayup

Spanish Flyer

This should probably be in a new thread, but...
Is it just me, or does the MavMount look like it stops you seeing the RC screen?
I glance at the RC display quite often because it has a simple and uncluttered display of, for example: distance; signal strength; and 'REC'.
If I was designing a MavMount I'd design it so that the display was mounted below the RC - a few millimetres above the current mounting 'wings' and well away from disturbing the RF around the antennas. I mean - mounting a lump of high frequency electronics right next to the antennas doesn't sound like its a good idea?

Yes, in the typical position, the iPad using the Mavmount does block the controller screen, but I have no found this to be a problem. I fly fairly exclusively with the iPad and rarely need to look at the controller. If this is an issue for you, there is a second way you can use the Mavmount where you can see both the controller and the tablet. But this changes the balance and makes it a little off balance for my liking.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjauuu