DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just got my new mavic

buzzlightyr

Reactions
Can I fly in my back yard, about mayb 5ft high , just to test my mavic and not get in trouble for being in a no fly zone? And how do they track you?

Welcome. I believe the maximum height for backyards is 6.5 feet, so you should be good. :)Thumbswayup

No one is tracking you.

Your maximum height is determined by 2 things:
1. your desire to do the right/safe/smart/legal thing.
2. your ability to not get caught if you disregard rule #1.

I live in a NFZ as well but the problem for me is upon booting up the controller is in Atti mode until GPS locks in then drone won't initiate the motors.

You can but you shouldn't. Learn to fly in an open field. Flying indoors & backyards is where a lot of newbies crash.

this...lol, i remember when i first got my P3Pro about 2 years ago, i put it all together and at the time, didnt differentiate between my P3Pro and my little cheapo Frys drone. started it up in my office in my house of all places, it just went nuts, so much power, bounced off the walls, my desk, took out my computer monitor. didnt know anything about CSC at the time, by the time i stopped it, i had put huge gouges in my walls, took out my computer monitor, a shelf, and broke an arm on the P3. All in the span of about 3 minutes of having the box open...

Reactions: TrayBoz
this...lol, i remember when i first got my P3Pro about 2 years ago, i put it all together and at the time, didnt differentiate between my P3Pro and my little cheapo Frys drone. started it up in my office in my house of all places, it just went nuts, so much power, bounced off the walls, my desk, took out my computer monitor. didnt know anything about CSC at the time, by the time i stopped it, i had put huge gouges in my walls, took out my computer monitor, a shelf, and broke an arm on the P3. All in the span of about 3 minutes of having the box open...

I had a similar story with my Phantom 3 Standard. I was used to flying small helicopters in my house & thought that it wouldn't be a big deal . I crashed it into a wall within a minute & almost cut my finger off trying to save it. Getting hit with a Phantom blade is a bigger deal then the Mavic.

I'm so sorry... but the visual I had while reading your post just made me literally lol! :D

Reactions: Karl2951
Man I walk outside, place it on grass and launch it as all the peanut gallery is swooning and ahhhhing. Lap the neighborhood a few times and go have a few cold ones. That's my PLEASHARRRR [emoji851]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB