DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

'just opened the box' newbie

greenfieldNZ

Reactions
newbies from the Wairarapa, about an hour north of Wellington on the North Island of New Zealand here. just opened the box on our Mavic and itching to get going

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to DronePilots newest forum :)

Reactions: greenfieldNZ
WELCOME!!!!!
While charging all your batteries and RC, this is the best time to read on and learn the basics.
AND!!!!don't forget to remove the gimbal clamp when you 1st power up.
ENJOY!!!

newbies from the Wairarapa, about an hour north of Wellington on the North Island of New Zealand here. just opened the box on our Mavic and itching to get going
Welcome.
Please do not be in a hurry to put it in the air.
Read the online full manual and devour what you can from this forum especially operators mistakes.
Be comfortable with the Drone, RC and whatever phone/tablet you use.
Be boring and fly in beginner mode in a WIDE open area. Run through a number of batteries playing around with just the normal basic controls.
Overall the vast majority of posters want to help and see you have a positive experience but be prepared for some criticism all of it well meant though.
Have fun.

Hi there, Saw your post as I read the forum. Im thinking of buying a Mavic Pro so was keen to hear how you got on once you got your drone?

We've really enjoyed using the Mavic. as our first drone its been really easy to work with. yesterday it handles some strong gusty winds quite well. we have a process to suit us and the Samsung tablet we use for start up, and updates go smoothly. we are looking forward to taking it on hols to Italy soon.

Hey that's awesome. So flying sounds a lot easier than the earlier drones. How are you finding the video footage you are shooting? I watched a few but I wondered how much practice and post production it takes to get good quality film? Did you buy your drone direct? on here in NZ?

Best advice I had...Read manual 3 times. Good to search questions on line. Many times will refer to this site. Member have a lot of knowledge and are helpful.
Also found the attached video helpful.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki