DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just picked up an Air 3 for a great price...

fcat

Reactions
My local Best Buy is closing down and they've had a few drones in the showcase for a couple of weeks now, they actually close in 3 weeks time. The shelves have been stripped of all the sale and open box stuff for a while but the DJI drones had not been reduced :( I got talking to one of the associates while i was there a few weeks ago and he told me he was out of a job when they close, i slipped him $30 and told him to give me a call if/when they were gonna be reduced. I got a call from him last night and he said to be at the doors when they open this morning! i was and i got an Air 3 fly more package brand new unopened box for $999 :) (well $1029 inc his to tip !)

Anyway, just wondered what extras, accessories etc i should be looking for ? i bought a flip over plastic screen/sunshade already but wanted to know what everyone was buying :)

My local Best Buy is closing down and they've had a few drones in the showcase for a couple of weeks now, they actually close in 3 weeks time. The shelves have been stripped of all the sale and open box stuff for a while but the DJI drones had not been reduced :( I got talking to one of the associates while i was there a few weeks ago and he told me he was out of a job when they close, i slipped him $30 and told him to give me a call if/when they were gonna be reduced. I got a call from him last night and he said to be at the doors when they open this morning! i was and i got an Air 3 fly more package brand new unopened box for $999 :) (well $1029 inc his to tip !)

Anyway, just wondered what extras, accessories etc i should be looking for ? i bought a flip over plastic screen/sunshade already but wanted to know what everyone was buying :)
Is it this one for $1349 regularly, with the RC-N2, or did it come with the RC2?
Great deal either way!

Congratulations on an awesome deal! I recommend getting a lanyard for your RC-2 Controller as they make handling things a lot more convenient. I would hold off on most accessories until you get some flying time and determine what you need based on your experiences. It's easy to get caught up with buying all kinds of support items and then find that you never use many of them.

Here is my curmudgeonly "take" on this.

GOOD for you- but BAD for the big box stores like Best Buy and Bed Bath and Beyond. We shall all lament that Amazon has already put our local Bed Bath&Beyond store out of business in South Miami. In the same shopping complex as Best Buy, I'm sure, is struggling. People go there to look, then order online.

Dale
Miami

GOOD for you- but BAD for the big box stores like Best Buy and Bed Bath and Beyond. We shall all lament that Amazon has already put our local Bed Bath&Beyond store out of business in South Miami. In the same shopping complex as Best Buy, I'm sure, is struggling. People go there to look, then order online.

Dale
Miami
The main reason the Best Buy near me has closed is because they are right next to the main highway and keep getting gangs coming in and raiding them! there's at least one raid a month and they jump on the highway and are gone!!

Congratulations on an awesome deal! I recommend getting a lanyard for your RC-2 Controller as they make handling things a lot more convenient. I would hold off on most accessories until you get some flying time and determine what you need based on your experiences. It's easy to get caught up with buying all kinds of support items and then find that you never use many of them.
Thanks, ive been flying a Phantom 3, then 4 and then a Mavic pro for nearly 8 years, the Air 3 is a HUGE improvement over what I've been used to :) I've picked a coupe of things up but understand perfectly what you mean :)

Reactions: Cymruflyer

Dale
Miami
It’s the same thing Big Box did to the local small business decades ago. What goes around, comes around.
How’s that for curmudgeonly?

The main reason the Best Buy near me has closed is because they are right next to the main highway and keep getting gangs coming in and raiding them! there's at least one raid a month and they jump on the highway and are gone!!
Sad, because this reason is one that is preventable. Where is this?

Get a set of ND filters. The Air2S came with them, but unfortunately, DJI left it out of the Air 3 package and sells it separately. Otherwise, getting some sets of Master Airscrew propellers would be good.
Thanks, I just bought some this afternoon!, after watching reviews etc i bought the Freewell split ND filters that have a different range for each camera on the same filter! ive seen reviews of the propellers and most people said there was no difference at all so haven't bought them yet

Last edited:
Good thinking, there is no point to buy stuff just because someone sells it. And even if they were a tiny bit quieter, there would still be no need to buy the props because you probably could not tell the difference with the mark 1 Ear. Shame about the gangs, lucky for you with that deal.

Reactions: fcat

Dale
Miami

Such things are so subjective.

I don't lament these changes at all. I'm very happy with the greater convenience of shopping and ordering on line, then delivery next day. Soon, depending on where you live, same-day by drone.

If Amazon ends up realizing the 24/7 flying warehouses they've submitted patents for, perhaps same-day delivery even in many rural locals.

Creative destruction is a good thing. I don't own a Buggy Whip, and I'm really not suffering because of it. 😁😁

Reactions: Supernootz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian