DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just tried the new Go4 android app on new firmware (.600)

Red_Raven

Reactions
I just came home from a backyard flight. Everything seemed to work as normal except the new stuff. Litchi worked fine.

I couldn't enter the new flight mode. When I released the c1 button it flashed like it was on and then back to current mode in split second. Multiple failed attempts

I tried pressing the power button on both RTH and in battery warning <30% to silence the freakin' beeb. Unsuccessful in both of them.
If it just works under critical battery warning (didn't try) than this new feature is done in full DJI style, completely stupit and useless. It's in rth and <30% batt where the beeb drives people nuts, the only time it's critical and should be beeping is in critical battery level <10%

So nothing new for me, except the 3rd party api is up and fully running. [emoji106] finally.

Edit : I'm waiting for the ios release. I will try it as soon as updated and report.

Huh I thought it was at the 30% you could cancel the beep!
Your right, it's pretty useless to have a cancel at 10%. How many people ever get down to 10% and if you do get to less than 10% I would think you need something to keep reminding you to watch the battery. Yep DJI got it totally backwards. I prefer that the 10% beep remains on.

Rob

I just came home from a backyard flight. Everything seemed to work as normal except the new stuff. Litchi worked fine.

I couldn't enter the new flight mode. When I released the c1 button it flashed like it was on and then back to current mode in split second. Multiple failed attempts

I tried pressing the power button on both RTH and in battery warning <30% to silence the freakin' beeb. Unsuccessful in both of them.
If it just works under critical battery warning (didn't try) than this new feature is done in full DJI style, completely stupit and useless. It's in rth and <30% batt where the beeb drives people nuts, the only time it's critical and should be beeping is in critical battery level <10%

So nothing new for me, except the 3rd party api is up and fully running. [emoji106] finally.

Edit : I'm waiting for the ios release. I will try it as soon as updated and report.

I'm jealous!!! Still waiting for Apple to release the updates DJI GO4 app. ☹️
Hurry up already!!!

Your right, it's pretty useless to have a cancel at 10%. How many people ever get down to 10% and if you do get to less than 10% I would think you need something to keep reminding you to watch the battery. Yep DJI got it totally backwards. I prefer that the 10% beep remains on.

Rob

I would still say that something is wrong here. Something isn't working on my side. I'm not thinking that the firmware was released with none of it's functions working. So I'm guessing it's my android device.... Waiting for the ios version. (I usually fly on ios)
So let's at least hope this is the case and others can cancel the beeb and have some more luck than I did.

It would be great of others would post their experience with the new functions.

Reactions: knownbug

Rob

069136f31277e6bbe0edd44975673520.jpg

Here in the release notes it's stated that it'll be a available at 15% but than I probably already have landed the mavic after turning mental of listening to the previous 15% of this sound of Lucifer.

Then I got thinking, is the warning showed in any visual former in app or on remote? It's actually not stated that we are talking about sound, just a "warning"

I wonder if the beep silencing is for the REMOTE battery warning, not the Mavic?

I wonder if the beep silencing is for the REMOTE battery warning, not the Mavic?

This thing need some clarification, if it isn't what we thought it was I will open the remote and by force remove that (I already got a warning for bad language. So replace this sentence with any swear word you like) speaker.

Reactions: RichardT
I know they cannot lower the volume via firmware but at the very least.

One beep session at 30% lasting no more than 10 seconds.

Another at 20% for 5 seconds

Then beep away at 15%.

Simple software fix DJI.

Rob

Reactions: Red_Raven
Just tried this on ios. We are being fooled with this beep bs. It doesn't work at all in any situation with the mavic.... Stupit broken promises....

But the landing things have been fully repaired.

So I am very confused. My phone auto updated the app, and my last flight was WiFi, now it seems its stuck on that mode although I am flying with the remote. Max height and distance is stuck on the WiFi 50m. How do I change this. Also the video transmission is worse with this new app. It also keeps crashing although I can still fly the drone with the remote with no issues. I also have another issue the video is not recording on cache on the phone anymore with the new app. I haven't updated the drones firmware yet. Still on .550 as I am on holiday and too weak signal to update firmware. Anybody know how to stop the app from crashing all the time.

Turn on usb debugging on developers settings on the Android and check if it fixes the stability issues.

About being stuck in wifi. Are you sure you remembered to switch the button on the mavic between RC and Wifi?

Yes, definitely moved the switch back to RC. I'm flying using the remote. USB debugging switched on. I noticed an option of this in the app as well.

OK so an update, found a decent connection out here in the Jungles, I went ahead and updated the firmware on the drone and controller to .600. Then I uninstalled go 4 app and reinstalled. Just connected up and all seems much better. I haven't yet tested flight as it is raining but hope all goes well!
Just a quick question when I switched on the controller it says NFZ limit. Does that mean I am in a NFZ and therefore I cannot fly? I'm sure there are other threads on here which I am going to search through and read up now.

Thanks !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J