DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Keep the 2 or go 3 Pro

Gunman45

Reactions
Okay, I'm on the fence here. I have a mini 2 that I'm happy with but really like avoidance and the RC controller. I'm running Litche and Maven for different reasons (one I believe works with the RC) and have a full set of filters and Fly-More kit for the Mini 2. Should I pull the trigger or wait for the Mini 4.

I wish they would option firmware the Mini 2 to use the RC and one concern I do have is the RC controller going the way of the Smart Controller.

I have both, the Mini 2, and the Mini 3 Pro with the RC. My two cents...

It's nice having the built in screen, but in my opinion, only if you want the quick "turn on the remote and go" convenience. Otherwise, it isn't much different than a cell phone. I could see a bright tablet with a big sun shade being the best experience, of course, if you don't mind the set up time.

The Mini 3 Pro is absolutely quieter, and this is a huge deal to me. I really want to be able to fly unnoticed. Nothing to do with being sneaky or spying, I simply don't want the drama of someone getting upset with me in public because they don't like drones.

I love the extra 10 minutes of flight time from the "Plus" batteries. I wish the Mini 2 had a battery option like this.

And the bad... yes, it's true... the Mini 3 Pro has worse range than the Mini 2. This is the only thing I hate about my Mini 3 Pro and it's super frustrating. I'm most likely going to experiment with external antennas on the RC remote.

Otherwise, the Mini 3 Pro is perfect... well... the Mini 2 still looks way cooler.

The Mini 2 is great ,but The Mini 3 is a game changer and with the spiffy new remote surely makes all the difference in the world .I have the Mini 3 and The Air 2s in a back pack and both run from the new remote ,whats not to like

I have both, the Mini 2, and the Mini 3 Pro with the RC. My two cents...

It's nice having the built in screen, but in my opinion, only if you want the quick "turn on the remote and go" convenience. Otherwise, it isn't much different than a cell phone. I could see a bright tablet with a big sun shade being the best experience, of course, if you don't mind the set up time.

The Mini 3 Pro is absolutely quieter, and this is a huge deal to me. I really want to be able to fly unnoticed. Nothing to do with being sneaky or spying, I simply don't want the drama of someone getting upset with me in public because they don't like drones.

I love the extra 10 minutes of flight time from the "Plus" batteries. I wish the Mini 2 had a battery option like this.

And the bad... yes, it's true... the Mini 3 Pro has worse range than the Mini 2. This is the only thing I hate about my Mini 3 Pro and it's super frustrating. I'm most likely going to experiment with external antennas on the RC remote.

Otherwise, the Mini 3 Pro is perfect... well... the Mini 2 still looks way cooler.
Totally agree XRay…But, DONT do the antenna thing… not worth it. I’ve been there.

Reactions: X Ray
Okay, getting closer to a decision. DJI has Referb's for about 20% less...worth it?

Never mind, just seen the Referb thread..........

I am not a fan of the smart controller My neighbors mini 3 pro came with one and well if you are like me and him and fly with an iPad You will not be able to use that spiffy controller you will have to either pluck down 1000 for the pro or eBay an rc-n1 for 50 bucks if you just plan to use the controllers screen then you are good but I want the external monitor option the smart controller just doesn't have

After reading various post until I’m almost blind, I have decided to hold off. Right now, I use Liche and Maven and neither support the 3 Pro/RC. With waypoints and lack of maps being the biggest deterrents, I will hold off until they release the SDK and hopefully, Litche or Maven will come up with something this spring/early summer.

After reading various post until I’m almost blind, I have decided to hold off.
Probably a good thing. Unless there is a specific feature on the Mini 3 Pro that you want/need, it's really not an upgrade. I fly my Mini 2 and Mini 3 Pro back to back often and the Mini 2 is equally as good. The main reason for me to get the Mini 3 Pro was because of the Plus batteries.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear