Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Keeping your Remote Controller continuously at 100% charged

daisy-girl

Reactions
What you'll need:

1. An empty pocket
2. A suitably long USB to Micro SD cable
3. One of these B00FDK2G2C (type this code into the Amazon Search Bar)
4. Or,if one pound containing 22400mAH is too heavy for you then
5. This one with 5000mAH should get you through five or six flights, at a weight of only 1/4 pound, before the charge on the RC begins to drop below 100%: B00MWU1GGI

Procedure for the Mavic Pro:

1. Connect your phone or tablet to the RC using the USB port at the bottom of the RC instead of the one on the left side
2. Connect the power bank to the the port on the left side of the RC to keep the RC'd battery from dropping below 100%

Result: RC charge stays at 100% for a very long time.

:)

Reactions: TrailH4x
That’s cool. Does keeping it charging while flying have any sort of negative impact on the RC battery long term?

That’s cool. Does keeping it charging while flying have any sort of negative impact on the RC battery long term?

I've read that keeping the RC always at 100% is not good for LiPo batteries

So what I do now is wait until the RC is down to 30% before plugging in the Power Bank -- and then unplug it at about 80%.

Many experts state that the 30-80 rule gives the longest life.

Is there some advantage to this? Is it better to fly with a fully charged controller?

After creating that post, I've read that keeping the RC always at 100% is not good for LiPo batteries

So what I do now is wait until the RC is down to 30% before plugging in the Power Bank -- and then unplug it at about 80%.

I've read that keeping the RC always at 100% is not good for LiPo batteries

Most likely the RC’s zero to hundred percent meter, is using actually only 30 to 80 percent of the battery capacity. Or some similar numbers.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomi503