DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Kind of Cool New (to me) "IP67 Waterproof Mavic Messenger Bag"

LakeTravis

Reactions
Was just perusing Amazon for any new Mavic accessories I don't have, probably don't need, but MUST HAVE. If you're a true UAV addict you know what I mean.

Anyway, I already have the DJI bag, the MC-Cases larger case and a camera messenger bag that all work very well, so I will fight the urge to buy this. Thought I'd pass it along, and no, I don't work for the company that makes them or for Amazon. And obviously not an endorsement since I don't have one -- caveat emptor

IP67 Waterproof Mavic Messenger Bag

71eMyYkxb8L._SL1500_.jpg

913fihz7cmL._SL1500_.jpg

Reactions: Scapegoat
how can this be rated IP67 waterproof with simply a zipper closure system???

Pretty simple, waterproof zippers. There are lots of them. I have one on a Yeti Hopper 20 portable cooler, lots of diver's dry suits have them, apparently this bag has them, and I'm sure there are other applications. If you do a google search for waterproof zippers--many manufacturers.

I know there are waterproof zippers but the ones in the picture looks like a normal zipper and not what I am familiar with in terms of a waterproof zipper like what is pictured below. The DJI Mavic shoulder bag even has this type of zipper I have pictured and don't claim it to be waterproof. Not sure I would trust this particular design without seeing a video or something proving that it is in fact waterproof.....

img06-textil.jpg

I know there are waterproof zippers but the ones in the picture looks like a normal zipper and not what I am familiar with in terms of a waterproof zipper like what is pictured below. The DJI Mavic shoulder bag even has this type of zipper I have pictured and don't claim it to be waterproof. Not sure I would trust this particular design without seeing a video or something proving that it is in fact waterproof.....
I'm a little skeptical too. IP67 isn't exactly the highest rating for waterproofness (pretty sure that's not a word). Either way, whether it's a pelican case, a nanuk, a 3rd part waterproof case, or this thing, I don't think most people plan to go swimming with it, ford a river or anything like that--I think it's more just for peace of mind for those who have a boat, like me, who tend to drop stuff, like me! Or perhaps take it to the beach, a neighbor's pool, etc. When I drop stuff into the water, and provided it doesn't sink, I always pull whatever it is out of the water and even things that aren't waterproof tend do be ok.

agreed.....I would likely trust it with a splash or some light rain but not use it as a flotation device or throw it in the bed of my truck in a down pour and expect the contents to be dry when I get home....

OK, we want to see a video of you putting your Mavic in there and then submerging it to test how waterproof it is :D

Son of a *female dog*, now I think I'll buy one just to test it, FILM it and prove the claim right or wrong!!! If it doesn't work, I can always return it... :)

When you test it...I'd fill it with toilet paper.
IP67 is submersible in 1 meter of water for 1/2 hour

I didn't notice this before, but the black version, for $79 comes with precut foam, the grey version for $69 has moveable dividers--I like the dividers you can arrange any way you want. Just thought I'd point that out. Plus the slightly lighter color is probably more appropriate for out on the boat in the heat of the summer, stuff that is black gets super hot. Somewhat a matter of preference. Though $10 is $10--I think you can still get a cup of coffee at Starbucks for that...

Two other things to note (that I can think of): The moveable divider version doesn't appear to have as much padding around the outside (not a huge deal to me, might be to others) and with the dividers version you'll likely want a 3D printed Remote "Stick Protector", which I have already.

913fihz7cmL._SL1500_-2.jpg 81F7UNf9QnL._SL1500_.jpg

agreed.....I would likely trust it with a splash or some light rain but not use it as a flotation device or throw it in the bed of my truck in a down pour and expect the contents to be dry when I get home....
The real reason the advertisement states that it is
The real reason that it states that it is IP67 waterproof is that there are four bag/case versions available (a least on the Amazon sale page). The seller used the header that describes the hard case that is Pelican-like with a rubber gasket, airtight, etc. with the three soft zippered bags they sell by picking them under versions. The three zippered bags are a backpack, a foam cutout messenger bag, and an adjustable divider soft bag. None of the zippered bags are IP67 waterproof! LOL

The real reason the advertisement states that it is

The real reason that it states that it is IP67 waterproof is that there are four bag/case versions available (a least on the Amazon sale page). The seller used the header that describes the hard case that is Pelican-like with a rubber gasket, airtight, etc. with the three soft zippered bags they sell by picking them under versions. The three zippered bags are a backpack, a foam cutout messenger bag, and an adjustable divider soft bag. None of the zippered bags are IP67 waterproof! LOL

I thought that too... however, the title pretty clearly states "DJI Mavic Messenger Bag IP67 Waterproof with Waterproof Zippers" and I don't see, or think there are any zippers on the hard case. I realize that you can't trust every word on every product Amazon sells, but there are waterproof zippers and the seller says this has them. I don't want to beat a dead horse, and I don't really care that much, I have an MC-Cases "Pelican-Type" case that I'm sure passes higher standards than IP67 and I don't plan on tossing either one into the lake anytime soon... :cool:

maxresdefault-1.jpg

I thought that too... however, the title pretty clearly states "DJI Mavic Messenger Bag IP67 Waterproof with Waterproof Zippers" and I don't see, or think there are any zippers on the hard case. I realize that you can't trust every word on every product Amazon sells, but there are waterproof zippers and the seller says this has them. I don't want to beat a dead horse, and I don't really care that much, I have an MC-Cases "Pelican-Type" case that I'm sure passes higher standards than IP67 and I don't plan on tossing either one into the lake anytime soon... :cool:

View attachment 4544
Yeah, the zippers can be water resistant, but I never heard of them being IP67 rated. The seller is not rating the zippers here, he is rating the bag. Therefore it would need to conform, as such: "Protected from immersion in water with a depth of up to 1 meter (or 3.2ft) for up to 30 mins." Somehow, I don't think so.... LOL (actually, I might snag the grey fabric bag with adjustable dividers). I'm still holding to the fact that the hard case is the one that they are claiming the IP67 rating for which would make far better sense. You can ask the seller on Amazon for confirmation, I suppose.

Yeah, the zippers can be water resistant, but I never heard of them being IP67 rated. The seller is not rating the zippers here, he is rating the bag. Therefore it would need to conform, as such: "Protected from immersion in water with a depth of up to 1 meter (or 3.2ft) for up to 30 mins." Somehow, I don't think so.... LOL (actually, I might snag the grey fabric bag with adjustable dividers). I'm still holding to the fact that the hard case is the one that they are claiming the IP67 rating for which would make far better sense. You can ask the seller on Amazon for confirmation, I suppose.

I haven't ordered one yet, but I think I will and I have a pool that's more than a meter deep, I'll test it--without the Mavic Pro inside, of course!!! Will also have to wait for spring and the pool to heat up... don't normally keep it heated. God Bless Texas!!

IMG_0453.jpg

Reactions: Dave Everett
Sweet!!! Jealous.... LOL

Here's a slightly higher view taken with my P3 Pro, we don't chill at the pool as much in the "winter", even when it pushes 80 degrees the water is COLD! The spa gets nice and hot though!

IMG_0451.JPG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31