DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

kiwibomber

kiwibomber

Reactions
I want to buy a spare set of props for my Mavic Pro. What is the difference between the original 8330 and others now appearing

There are only two models of OEM DJI Mavic props -- the 7728 and 8830. You should only used the 7728 props if you have the propeller cage attached.

There's only one original set, barring the fact that there's a right handed and left handed version, but I think the DJI ones are sold in pairs of one of each anyway.

Anything else is aftermarket, and I really wouldn't recommend them. I've heard nothing to indicate there's any real advantage to the third party clones and there's always the risk of poorer reliability plus with the carbon ones they transmit more vibration and shocks to the motors and arms and are like a razor if they break.

Reactions: Former Member
I take it all back - I didn't realise there were different ones intended for use with the prop cages - what's the difference?

There are only two models of OEM DJI Mavic props -- the 7728 and 8830. You should only used the 7728 props if you have the propeller cage attached.
Is there any advantage in using the 7728
Is there any advantage in using the 7728 over the original 8830, and why must the 7728 be used with a propeller cage?

Is there any advantage in using the 7728
You should only use those props when flying with the propeller cage. I haven't tried it myself, but I suspect the flight might not end well if you use them without the propeller cage.

The 8830 props perform very well. Why fix what isn't broken?

The 7728 are lower pitch and lower thrust. DJI says, "Please do not use these propellers (7728) without the propeller cage, or else the flight time and maximum thrust will be reduced." 8830 are higher pitch and higher thrust and should be used with the Mavic.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RYNOGOD