DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Kudos to DJI's warranty policy. Had a flyaway and they admitted fault and sent me a brand new one for free.

kiley

Reactions
One day I launched a Mavic 3 enterprise to 50 feet. It suddenly turned on it's own. I let the controllers go completely. The drone then started flying into a wooded swampy area while decreasing altitude. It hit the trees and fell into the swamp below. It was irretrievable. I made a claim. They asked for my entire flight log folder. After review, they determined I had a faulty Mav 3 enterprise and sent me a new one for free. I couldn't believe it. No questions asked. Sometimes DJI surprises me. I didn't need to use my care refresh either. Anyone else have any free replacements under warranty? If so, tell us your story.

Reactions: TexasEric
One day I launched a Mavic 3 enterprise to 50 feet. It suddenly turned on it's own. I let the controllers go completely. The drone then started flying into a wooded swampy area while decreasing altitude. It hit the trees and fell into the swamp below. It was irretrievable. I made a claim. They asked for my entire flight log folder. After review, they determined I had a faulty Mav 3 enterprise and sent me a new one for free. I couldn't believe it. No questions asked. Sometimes DJI surprises me. I didn't need to use my care refresh either. Anyone else have any free replacements under warranty? If so, tell us your story.
Do you still have the flight log of the final flight?
If so why not upload it to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help and post the resulting URL here.
It might be interesting to some people to look at it.

I too got a free replacement my Mini pro 3 flew off for no apparent reason. DJI said faulty drone and sent me a new one

Yep, care refresh is not a warranty, it is just an insurance that covers crashes that are your fault. I don't really see the point of it unless you are flying the Avata, which I personally crash quite often. 😆

If the drone is faulty during the three-year warranty in Europe, DJI must replace it, repair it or give your money back, just like any other thing in the market.

I usually buy gear on Amazon because they comply with the warranty laws, unlike most physical stores that give you the manufacturer's phone.

After review, they determined I had a faulty Mav 3 enterprise
my Mini pro 3 flew off for no apparent reason. DJI said faulty drone and sent me a new one
Neither of these incidents sound like faulty drones at all.
From the descriptions given both incidents were most likely to have been caused by yaw errors due to the spot where the drone was powered up.
DJI analysis these days isn't what it used to be.

If you want to learn from the incident, what caused it and how to avoid having it happen again, posting the flight data is the way to go.

My name is Jamey and my mini 3 flyaway for no reason and my drone is 120 days old under 12 mouth warranty they want even repair mine they are a bunch of crooks

My name is Jamey and my mini 3 flyaway for no reason
There is always a reason when people lose their drones and if you post the flight data, someone might be able to find what the reason was and help you to prevent a similar event in future.

If you want help, here are a couple of options ...

1. Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someone might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident.
or
2. Just post the .txt file here
or
3. If you use Airdata, you can view the flight data on Airdata and post a link for the Airdata report

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne