DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Landing Pad.. Won't auto land?

plrogers1126

Reactions
I bought a flathat landing pad. I like it allot but my mavic doesn't. On come home or fly's to the pad hovers about four feet above it and says not safe to land. I can pull left stick down and it resists for a moment then lands. It centers up the pad perfectly but doesn't want to land. Anyone know of a workaround?
8979959e9396130612f02661ea3053bb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I have the same problem mine won't autoland on one of those. The only work around that I know
of is a home remedy. Basically I took a piece of old carpet and cut a square for testing purposes, maybe a bit smaller than the landing pad. Works like a charm, I have 10 out of 10 landings.

File Jan 18, 1 56 27 PM.jpeg

Is it as it is in the photo ?? Lots ocf black ??

Mine works fine but it is bright and the sensors do need good light...

No that's a picture inside its carry pack. The pad is the brightly colored circle with the x in it only the black around it is the package
171cb7c1027c88357da39bc9bb9e6539.jpg

No that's a picture inside its carry pack. The pad is the brightly colored circle with the x in it only the black around it is the package
171cb7c1027c88357da39bc9bb9e6539.jpg

what was the light like ??

Was outside 3pm overcast.

How did you take off ??

This is what I do

Start the Mavic
Wait for satellites
Wait for Home Point updated message
Take off vertically to no higher than 10 meters and wait 5 to 10 seconds then I head off.

Waited for satellite and home point message. Auto takeoff hovered a couple seconds then flew away. Did this for 3 batteries worth of flying. It had no issues knowing where home was it hovered directly above the center x but would not land.

that's odd .... knock up something with a pattern on it and try that as a test ?? and if that does not work disable the landing protection option and test again.

Last edited:
I can always turn it upside down the bottom is white. Seems a little sad though I think it's a cool looking pad.

I bet the busy pattern looks like 3D to the downward cameras and it sees it as obstructed landing zone.

Let us know how you get on with the landing protection disabled.

Waited for satellite and home point message. Auto takeoff hovered a couple seconds then flew away.
Note that for Precision Landing to work properly, you need to hover at around 10m, not the auto takeoff height of around 1.2m.

However, I'm not sure this would be the cause of the problem. It could be as IADRN43 suggested... The busy pattern makes it look like an unsuitable place to land.

Lock at the sensor settings page, think under "advanced".
I've been told that the Landing Protection option isn't present on iOS. I can't verify this, as I use Android and I do have the option available.

Maybe ur mavic isn't down with this coloful landing pad, seems the mavic is scared and is hiding from the landing pad Hahahaha I'm smashed shouts out to mavic pro and all you boys [emoji173]️

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky