DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Landing pads expensive?

R

RinZ

Don't have to be...make one yourself. And save (a lot of money) ;)

Needed: A piece of garden hose
Strong plastic
Duct tape

I made a square "bag" from two layers of plastic
Made a big ring using the garden hose
Put it in the bag ( so it with keep it's form )
Taped it up
Folded parts of the corners to towards the inside
Taped those up again
Strengthened 4 points with duct tape and burned holes so they can be pinned to the ground.
And ofcourse you can fold it

20161025_223336.jpg

Result; not professional looking, but effective.

20161025_214712.jpg 20161025_221156.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice ..and will it blow away in the wind or does the hose add some weight to it ?

I haven't got my Macic yet, so I didn't try it out. But i can't imagine it'll blow away if I use 4 tent pegs to secure it.

Thanks for that - What is the size of the pad - and has it tested out yet? If so, did the Mavic land on it?

Just as the title of this thread says, quality Landing Pads currently on the market are EXPENSIVE and we get questions about landing pads just about every day. Given that the Mavic has midget legs, landing pads are sometimes needed depending on the environment you are flying in.

With that being said, we have been working with a manufacturer for about two weeks on designing a high quality landing pad doesn't break the bank like the current $79, 129, $429 ones do...EEESSHH! :eek:

We've got some prototypes that will be shipping to us shortly and as soon as we can we will post what we will have available for reasonably priced drone landing pads. The goal behind our current design is something that can fold down for easily portability, is heavy enough to stay on the ground in a brisk wind and prop wash when taking off and landing, and lastly good looking. If anyone has any further input on a landing pad we're all ears..especially with design! We're hoping to have these available in just a couple of weeks.

Reactions: Derf
Just as the title of this thread says, quality Landing Pads currently on the market are EXPENSIVE and we get questions about landing pads just about every day. Given that the Mavic has midget legs, landing pads are sometimes needed depending on the environment you are flying in.

With that being said, we have been working with a manufacturer for about two weeks on designing a high quality landing pad doesn't break the bank like the current $79, 129, $429 ones do...EEESSHH! :eek:

We've got some prototypes that will be shipping to us shortly and as soon as we can we will post what we will have available for reasonably priced drone landing pads. The goal behind our current design is something that can fold down for easily portability, is heavy enough to stay on the ground in a brisk wind and prop wash when taking off and landing, and lastly good looking. If anyone has anydesign! We're hoping to have these available in just a couple of weeks.

Will u ship to Canada .. I'd be interested ..

Reactions: Advexure
Why not just use a sunshade for cars. I've seen em with silver reflective sides, just add some tape and your set to go. They fold up quite nicely.

Reactions: fiftiesnut
I bought one off of amazon for 35 dollars

Crazepony Protective Fast-fold Drone Landing Pad for Helicopters RC Quadcopters DJI Phantom 2 3 4 Inspire 1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LW0AFNE/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It even comes with steaks to drive into the ground which work great at holding it down, but if the ground is too hard I just use a couple flat rocks on the edges

I got this one also and I'm really happy with it. I have no problem spending 40 bucks to help protect a 1000 dollar investment.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

The propellers are lower on the Mavic. I personally just want to prevent debris from hitting it while taking off and landing. Especially at the beach.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid