DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Leave Android for iPhone?

CadrePilot

Premium Pilot
Reactions
About three years ago, when I purchased my first drone (Mini 2) I also switched to an Android mobile phone (Galaxy S20 FE) because a roof measuring/sketching app (which never came to fruition) was only available on Android.

Here I am, considering a new(er) phone and thinking about going back to Apple, mostly for simplicity in interfacing with others also using Apple products.

Is there any reason related to flying DJI drones (Mini 2 and M2P for me) that would give me pause about going back to an iPhone?

I think Either one is good It all depends on what you prefer I have a mac and an Iphone and an Ipad SO I use my Iphone. There are Pro's and Con's to Both I suppose
If you have other Apple products I would switch like you said just for some simplicity. Some may say one is better than the other BUT I haven't seen that.

Reactions: mavic3usa
For Mini 2 no reason not to switch to IOS, however one important consideration if you upgrade to a newer drone is that DJI are no longer releasing SDK's for IOS
The SDK for Mini 3 for example is Android only.

Also Android is now the development platform for DJI Fly, ported over to iOS after each release is finished.

About three years ago, when I purchased my first drone (Mini 2) I also switched to an Android mobile phone (Galaxy S20 FE) because a roof measuring/sketching app (which never came to fruition) was only available on Android.

Here I am, considering a new(er) phone and thinking about going back to Apple, mostly for simplicity in interfacing with others also using Apple products.

Is there any reason related to flying DJI drones (Mini 2 and M2P for me) that would give me pause about going back to an iPhone?
Also, when using a MAC tablet out in the open during summer at 35+ Deg C the tablet would shut down until it was placed in an air-conditioned vehicle with loss of contact with the drone until re-booted. Would only work continuously in an a/c vehicle so VLOS was limited.
Neville
Queensland
Australia

Reactions: TrabSeyn

Check the phone you wish to upgrade to is compatible with DJI Fly if that is the app you use to fly with. I find my android Samsung Galaxy S22 is not compatible even though it's been out for over a year.

I have a daylight tablet that is android. I prefer my large iPhone most of time. Just works well every time. Android I tend to have glitches that I don’t want in flight. But that’s me. Probably messing something up since I don’t know much about droids.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne