DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet users: What model are you using?

Headed to Apple & Verizon stores as it's time to upgrade our aging phones & tablets. One can put this stuff off only so long.

Old iPad Air 2 is on the way out and my old Galaxy S2 tablet is a no go. Also, the Android phones I've been using so far aren't really adequate for apps like Dronelink.

I generally prefer Android to Apple so an especially interested in Android based tablets. Not to say that if there was a compelling reason to go with Apple, I'd at least think about it. :)
iPad mini 6, Works flawlessly, cheers Len

Reactions: drrjv
Well if you were flying with a Smart Controller, I would have suggested adding the Feelworld 7 inch 2,200NITS of brightness monitor, for bigger screen viewing. Connects via my HDMI port on the SC and one on the Feelworld monitor.

Only about $235. I have one and have just my camera view showing on the monitor but you can also choose to see the SC screen as well, with all the flight details around the edges.

I'm using a Tripltek 8 Pro with my M3. I highly recommend it, especially since there is a new model out and this one is cheap cheap cheap!

The 8 Pro was arguably the brightest and biggest on the market available until this latest model dropped. lol.
Im loaded up with a sim card on my AT&T account and the battery lasts a month just sitting and a week if you fly daily..It NEVER darkens in direct sunlight and heat (Im in Savannah, GA where it gets pretty darn roasting around here from about all of June through all of September with high humidity) its as tough as nails, theres vids on youtube of trucks riding over it... Im really not sure how much better the newest model could be outside of a display. lol

Seriously, the 8 Pro is a great choice at this moment.

Lots of good info-- thanks to all for the suggestions. In the end I've ordered the Samsung
Galaxy FE 5G with its huge screen. Several factors went into the final decision other than potential drone app. A screen that size will work very well for other photography projects we work with connected to the CamRanger.

Briefly considered an Apple product but came to my senses when I look at the big picture of intended use as well as learning this: :)

Notice Regarding DJI Fly App Ending Support for iOS 10

iPad Mini 6th Generation.

Headed to Apple & Verizon stores as it's time to upgrade our aging phones & tablets. One can put this stuff off only so long.

Old iPad Air 2 is on the way out and my old Galaxy S2 tablet is a no go. Also, the Android phones I've been using so far aren't really adequate for apps like Dronelink.

I generally prefer Android to Apple so an especially interested in Android based tablets. Not to say that if there was a compelling reason to go with Apple, I'd at least think about it. :)
Tripltek 8 Pro for the brightness and the size of the screen. A beautiful aluminum mount available on Amazon from Tripltek that fits my RC-N1 controller beautifully with a lanyard to help hold the weight.

I am using a iPad mini 6 and it works like a charm. I have not had any issues with it. I can see the screen very well even on sunny days. I have not had any issues with the iPad overheating at all.

I am using a iPad mini 6 and it works like a charm. I have not had any issues with it. I can see the screen very well even on sunny days. I have not had any issues with the iPad overheating at all.
I have had some overheating with my iPad Mini 6th Generation. It was last summer in the Dallas heat. I had to end up bringing my drone back without the use of the iPad. I do know that with the DJI Fly app, what features have running effects the "load" on the tablet. Even when I don't have tablet overheating issues, 1.5 hours of flight time brings the battery in the tablet down to about 60%.

Do you just use the hdmi cable to the power port on the I pad?

While the Tripltek is on my WishList, I recently inherited an iPad. I'm an Android guy, and know nothing about the "i" world. Nonetheless, I thought I'd give the iPad a try as a DJI screen, instead of my usual Pixel 6. But it has a weird connector (since learned called "lightning").

What do I need to get this iPad connected to the DJI controller for my Air 2S, which has a USB connector? Is it as simple as buying a lightning/USB-C adapter (assuming they make one)? Will I also need to download the DJI FLy App again?

I’m using an I Pad Pro 12.5” screen. I was thinking of mounting it in the top lid of my Mavic 3T.
Was locating a lost cow last evening and it got pretty crowded with everyone trying to watch my 5” controller screen lol.

V71 Pro 2600 Nit tablet I'm telling you about it but I am a seller as well. I'm retired Air Force and live in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. I don't know if I'm allowed to do this but I am going to post in the classifieds when I saw your question. I'll have all the information there. Just take a look, better picture than any TT. Android 11 with 7 1/2 inch screen.

What do I need to get this iPad connected to the DJI controller for my Air 2S, which has a USB connector? Is it as simple as buying a lightning/USB-C adapter (assuming they make one)? Will I also need to download the DJI FLy App again?
Still hoping for an answer to this, from an iPad user.

Thanks!

Appreciate the input from all! I'll be making the rounds tomorrow-- Verizon, BestBuy, Apple Store but I'm leaning towards this beast presently: Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE 5G

Initial concerns about size have been mitigated after speaking with some who use this model and report it's not an issue for them. There's also situations where I want to have others (clients) view the screen while flying and this should make that easier.
Disclosure, I'm a dealer and an APPROVED advertiser. I have anew tablet that is selling like hotcakes. TT is no longer the brightest and best tablet on the market. Eagle View Aerials has on the market a 2600 nit tablet 7.5 Inches that is a phone, GPS and the brightest tablet you can get. No Glare. It sells for far less that TT now but will go up soon. Even if it goes up I'm still going to keep is less than TT. Right now as of today it's $650 plus $20 shipping. It sells thru my website www.eagleviewaerials.com for the time being but will be on Amazon soon. I'm going to post some views and I'll be happy to answer questions. One tremendous value, the battery lasts a long, long, long time. I live in Pennsylvania and I'm retired Air Force. I'll give you the best service possible. 30 warranty with me, 24 month thru the manufacturer. Nuff said for now. I also have a Facebook Page Eagle View Aerials - Welcome to join!! Military Grade - Virtually Indestructible

Attachments

• Tablet in Sun.jpg
    Tablet in Sun.jpg
    901.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Landing Pad.jpg
    Landing Pad.jpg
    953.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230508_061645_inPixio - Copy.jpg
    20230508_061645_inPixio - Copy.jpg
    771 KB · Views: 4
Tripltek 8, and Tripltek 9 on order. Brightness is arguably the most important thing to fly.
Eagle View Aerials V71 Pro Brightest tablet on the market. Virtually indestructible 2600 nits 7.5 inches $650 Plus $20 shipping from Pennsylvania. Visit www.eagleviewaerial.com

Attachments

• Tablet in Sun.jpg
    Tablet in Sun.jpg
    901.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Landing Pad.jpg
    Landing Pad.jpg
    953.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 20230508_061645_inPixio - Copy.jpg
    20230508_061645_inPixio - Copy.jpg
    771 KB · Views: 1
Ipad Mini 5th gen works for me using an M2P. Along with a sun visor.

Reactions: Rchawks
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13