DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

lens hood review

I have one (came in leg extension and control stick protection kit). I tend to fly slowly, yaw slowly and with the camera tilted slightly down, like at 2:01 in your video. It works ok for my amateurish needs. But yeah, not appropriate for sport flying video.

Last edited:
I use a similar one and have it on all the time for the added protection in case I crash. I cut away the portion that can be seen from the camera in sport mode which is only a small section towards the top.

Last edited:
Reactions: newguy
I also use it as a gimbal guard, have an extra one to try the cut away solution.

The PGYTech lens hood and shade is pretty decent and only reveals itself in shots when flying in Sport mode, which to be honest, is fine with me.

I don’t film flying that fast unless the camera is tilted down and the hood doesn’t show up at all in this case.

I'm reviewing a lens hood bought from amazon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N7O7HMR/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
$6.99 with free prime shipping.
It's great for still photos and maybe tripod video but regular video it has lens shadow with turns and completely during sport mode.
View attachment 27251 View attachment 27252 View attachment 27253 View attachment 27254 View attachment 27255

LOL, who fly's like that is real life, that was making my head spin

Reactions: donatas1 and Jengle
Looks to me that the shots that had the gimbal cover showing would be cut out anyways since the camera had to be swung fast for a fail. Can you do a cinematic video to see how it does for a real to life test?

Reactions: donatas1
im talking about the lens cover with the two weird shapes on it, i guess its more like a lens cover/gimbal lock not the lens hood which i have.

the lens cover/gimbal lock is useful because u can use it to insert the nd filters so u don't smudge them and have to reclean them each time u install them.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr James