DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lens hood sun shade?

Rc_man1

Reactions
Does anyone use the lens Hood Sun Shades? I have seen them on Amazon but would like to hear from you all to see if you use them and if they help at all?

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike, I use a hood on my iPad Air 2, I also have one for my iPhone which I used previously. They are both from pygtech, I like their products in general. The hoods help immensely with viewing the screen in sunlight, without restricting access to controls on the iPad, though there is some restriction on the iPhone due to size, they fit quite quickly and simply. Hope that helps and defiantly worth trying if you have problems with reflections on the screen.

Reactions: Rc_man1
I purchased that lens hood you posted the link for. I threw it away because it sucks.

1) The bottom flat cover actually interferes with the camera gimbal left to right tilt. The camera hits the lens hood.

2) There are no snap features that hold it securely in place. After you slide it in, just by slightly touching it it shifted out of place. I didn’t even attempt to fly with it.

I purchased the PGYTECH lens hood from Amazon. Much better quality. It snapped securely into the MavicAir and the camera moves to all extremes with no interference.

About it helping block sunlight, I have yet to test that fully.

Cheers.

Cool, thanks I’ve seen them, but just like to see if they are any good. Glad so far I haven’t hit the buy button yet. Thanks

I have one for the Mavic Pro, used it once and didn't like it. It made a shadow on the top corners like a vignette.

I had but never place it dont buy it because its does not fit well and it might be blown away by strong winds and damage the gimbal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
controllesp