DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lessons learned today, my first

March411

Reactions
  • UAV should be installed on any tablet or phone you use to fly. I left my phone on my desk.
  • Know the gusts at the highest altitude you are going to fly especially when it’s 15 mph on the ground
  • Stay away from trees, my old eyes can’t see the small branches even on a larger tablet.
  • VLOS is relative especially once you hit 60
  • Find my drone works
  • The prompt to start beeping and lights narrows the gap on finding a drone. Leave enough battery power to use it.
  • You would be amazed at how many poles you can tape together with electrical tap to lasso a drone
  • It’s nice to walk away and only have to replace props and calibrate your bird

Allow me to show my Desperate attempt at reaching for a drone on a roof top.
I think I would go for a smaller lighter hook next time.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to Fly in the Rain, Land on the Water and Roof Tops.

2022-02-22_00h32_00.png

Reactions: Lob's Falcon
I am totally afraid of getting my drone stuck in a tree. I bet there are a lot of clever ways to get them out. How long of a poll did you have to make? What did you do at the end to catch it?
I used two extension handles that were fully extended, at least 50 feet. The poles are normally used for changing light bulbs if you have high ceilings, we do so I had them in the garage. I taped a bungee cord to the pole using the hooks. Got it around two of the arms on the drone so it wouldn't fall to the ground. It worked as planned and surprising the drone and camera didn't have a scratch in the end.

Looked like this:
Bungee.jpg

I am totally afraid of getting my drone stuck in a tree. I bet there are a lot of clever ways to get them out. How long of a poll did you have to make? What did you do at the end to catch it?
I once used a chain saw to retrieve an R/C plane that landed in the top of a tree. The plane did not survive, but all the components did.

I used two extension handles that were fully extended, at least 50 feet. The poles are normally used for changing light bulbs if you have high ceilings, we do so I had them in the garage. I taped a bungee cord to the pole using the hooks. Got it around two of the arms on the drone so it wouldn't fall to the ground. It worked as planned and surprising the drone and camera didn't have a scratch in the end.

Looked like this:
View attachment 144328
Maybe post a link to the poles , if you can.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Reactions: March411
Nothing like altitude.

• Love
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Unless you have a friend like this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kasperskyy