DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LG G5 Can't connect to RC and Mavic

JustAnotherSoul

Reactions
Anyone else using an LGG5 for their drones? I am unable to connect to the mavic via the DJI GO app. The app works fine, but the "How to Connect" button doesn't change to "Camera" when the device is plugged in the RC and everything is turned on. Tried different usb cables, no dice. Tried to connect with an iphone 5s and it works flawlessly (I was able to do the firmware update through it).

On my LG G5 I have usb debugging enabled, but I noticed that the usb option to MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) keeps getting reverted back to Charging Only. This makes me think it to be the root of the problem, as when I first plug the phone in, for a short amount of time I am able to click on "Camera" and go to the Camera screen for the Mavic, but I don't get any image feedback and it says disconnected right away. When I look in my usb settings, it has reverted to "Charging Only".

After a bunch of internet searching, the only option available seems to root the device and install an application that is able to change the usb settings to set MTP as the default. But the sources I found didn't seem trustworthy and I'd rather not go that route.

Is anyone else having a similar issue? Is there anyone here with an LG phone that works fine?

Having the same problem, my G5 doesn't work but my iphone 5s (work phone) and my other android usb-c tablet works.

I have to manually change the USB option from the notification bar each flight on my Note 4. Can you do this? Just takes a second, but yeah would be nice to change the default.

It doesn't show up as a connection at all, the phone just starts charging at least for me anyway. I "solved" it by acquiring an used iphone 6. Apparently, they're going cheap since the iphone 7 came out. ;)

Hey guys, thanks for the input. I "solved" the problem by getting a note4, which has no issues! I bought it second hand and the MTP usb option was already on, as default, so I don't even have to manually change it every flight.

I received feedback from Dji support, basically telling me the LG series is unsupported at the moment.

"We recommend that you use DJI's approve and tested mobile devices that best work with our products. Kindly refer to the list below:
iOS:
iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular,
iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular,
iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular.

This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.

Android:
Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD

*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues."

Waiting for the weather to improve over here so I can finally fly this little guy!

I got my LG G5 working with the Mavic Pro. I used the micro usb adapter for android that came with the Mavic, then attached a Micro USB to USB C adapter (Anker brand from Amazon). It recognizes the controller. I hope this helps. Now I am looking for a nice right angle cable that will work.

The cable arrived. It works fine. Easy to rout around the back of the controller. Not too long. The right angle has a rounded corner, so pretty comfortable on the left palm.

I removed the sliding rectangle of plastic that holds the usb cable on the phone, and the new cable fits through the gap pretty well. Here is the cable I ordered.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N3SINB9

Last edited:
I got my LG G5 working with the Mavic Pro. I used the micro usb adapter for android that came with the Mavic, then attached a Micro USB to USB C adapter (Anker brand from Amazon). It recognizes the controller. I hope this helps. Now I am looking for a nice right angle cable that will work.

The cable arrived. It works fine. Easy to rout around the back of the controller. Not too long. The right angle has a rounded corner, so pretty comfortable on the left palm.

I removed the sliding rectangle of plastic that holds the usb cable on the phone, and the new cable fits through the gap pretty well. Here is the cable I ordered.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N3SINB9
And how is your LG5 working now?

I should say, the app crashes, and I have to restart it. That does result in connection loss, but is not recoverable without restarting the app. I don't have this problem when using an ios device, like my iPad.
Anyone else using an LGG5 for their drones? I am unable to connect to the mavic via the DJI GO app. The app works fine, but the "How to Connect" button doesn't change to "Camera" when the device is plugged in the RC and everything is turned on. Tried different usb cables, no dice. Tried to connect with an iphone 5s and it works flawlessly (I was able to do the firmware update through it).

On my LG G5 I have usb debugging enabled, but I noticed that the usb option to MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) keeps getting reverted back to Charging Only. This makes me think it to be the root of the problem, as when I first plug the phone in, for a short amount of time I am able to click on "Camera" and go to the Camera screen for the Mavic, but I don't get any image feedback and it says disconnected right away. When I look in my usb settings, it has reverted to "Charging Only".

After a bunch of internet searching, the only option available seems to root the device and install an application that is able to change the usb settings to set MTP as the default. But the sources I found didn't seem trustworthy and I'd rather not go that route.

Is anyone else having a similar issue? Is there anyone here with an LG phone that works fine?
I am having exactly the same problem with Samsung Galaxy S5. Still haven't resolved it..

My G5 wont even connect it did once, litchi and go4 app will not connect, my old lg g3 works though

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31