DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi and other Apps for flying DJI mavic?

Echo5delta16

Reactions
Has anyone used these? Are they only for specific uses? If so what are they? Id like to try some out but not willing to pay 20-25 bucks unless I have some info about them.

I've just started using Autopilot and like it so far. Though it offers a lot more than the DJI app, I find it easier to use and the ability to set up flight plans before you leave the ground is a big plus. Also, though the flight modes have a much greater degree of control and flexibility, the Basic/Intermediate/Advanced structure lets you pare the interface down to just the level of sophistication you need.

I'm also undecided which one to buy as there are several, Flightplan looks good, Airnest,Litchi(reports of it being buggy) and of course Autopilot. Wish there was some you tube vids from owners explaining how they work

I like using Litchi for "Mission" type flights. Meaning mapping them out then letting the Mavic just fly the route autonomously. Otherwise I just use the DJI Go App. Works well, never had any serious issues running it on my Ipads.

Try hangar 360
Free
Easy
Great results for me!
I wouldn't let Hangar process my images though. There is something real sinister written in their TOS:

Can I share my finished 360 photo even though Hangar owns the rights?
Of course! We encourage you to share the 360 photo with everyone you know!

It would appear they own the stitched images and grant you the right to use them. That is the-world-backwards to me as I had the idea for the panorama and executed the actions needed to make it.

This sounds like a Land Grab to me! Never ever will I hand my pictures to anyone having this in their TOS.

I use FPV camera and I find it's the best one yet!
I saw that and yes it does look good but a much higher price($29.99 CAD) and on IOS it says "inApp purchases"?

I like using Litchi for "Mission" type flights. Meaning mapping them out then letting the Mavic just fly the route autonomously. Otherwise I just use the DJI Go App. Works well, never had any serious issues running it on my Ipads.

I just bought Litchi for the same reason. There's a small lake near my house that I will create a 'mission' to fly about every month to show the change of seasons. With the mission stored, I'll be able to repeat the same loop and in a circle or two show the seasonal change. Just an idea worth the $22 bucks. Studying the manual today and hope to fly the mission yet this week.

A comparison video showed the Autopilot has a steeper learning curve and more features than I need, and Litchi looked simple to achieve my intended goal, so it wasn't a hard decision. YMMV

I just bought Litchi for the same reason. There's a small lake near my house that I will create a 'mission' to fly about every month to show the change of seasons. With the mission stored, I'll be able to repeat the same loop and in a circle or two show the seasonal change. Just an idea worth the $22 bucks. Studying the manual today and hope to fly the mission yet this week.

A comparison video showed the Autopilot has a steeper learning curve and more features than I need, and Litchi looked simple to achieve my intended goal, so it wasn't a hard decision. YMMV
This looks like a nice, easy mission to fly. You can use Go 4 for this as well, as it can be a saved mission you can repeat. Litchi, however, can do much more.

I'm leaning towards Autopilot...just looking to confirm the camera can be pointed on poi and stay in focus even if quad moving along flight path away

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum