DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi camera lag vs GO4?

Xcel

Reactions
Is it normal for Litchi to have higher camera lag compared to DJI GO4? Litchi isn't laggy per say but it's definetly not as smooth as the DJI app for me. How does Litchi run for you guys? Is it just as responsive as the DJI app? I might do a comparison video tomorrow, it's dark here at the moment and I don't want to fly indoor.

I'm using a Huawei Honor 7 lite (4x2.0 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4x1.7 GHz Cortex-A53).

The difference is pretty noticeable for me. I took some pictures at 1/1000s and compared them. The DJI GO4 screen lag is 210ms while Litchi is 290ms. The video in litchi isn't as smooth as DJI either, seems like Litchi is running at a lower framerate.

Maybe I'll try a reinstall of Litchi.
litchi go4.jpg

Last edited:
Must admit I've not measured it, it just feels more immediate to me, and the video feed is definitely smoother. I still use both though, as Go's tracking etc is far superior in my opinion.

Reactions: chipcamel
I'm mainly on iOS and have found Litchi can be very laggy at times. I've had one flight where it got progressively worse over time. A reset if the tablet got things back on track.

Generally I find the Litchi video (FPV) more jumpy than Go4

I find significant lag with litchi. I can only use it for job specific work, like pano shoots. I use iPad and iphone6

Reactions: pochemuchka
Yea I only use Litchi for panorama shots and preprogrammed routes due to the sluggishness as well.

I find that Litchi has a significant lag time after camera tilt or yaw of the Mavic. I use the panoramic mode most which works great with a 1.5 second pause before shots but I switch to DJI Go for regular stills. Using iPad mini 4 128G, wifi and cellular. I also had some Litchi app crashes with cellular turned on.

Ok I know this is an older thread but with the latest Go 4.1.3 it has become unusable on my Leveno PB1-750M The lag builds until there is screen tearing and the lag is in minutes not seconds. Is the latest litchi stable with the latest firmware on the Mavic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78