DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi compatability on 06 firmware update?

Spanishcop

Reactions
Though I've read Litchi is now compatible with.06 firmware update.... I'm really not ready to update from 04 until we get some user updates.

Can we use this thread for any issues or test results for those testing it so we know if it is a safe update please.

Thanks in advance.
Mike

Just flew a 23 waypoint litchi mission and it worked without issues. I only use Litchi for WP, so didn't test the other modes...

Thanks for that input. Hope to hear from others on other modes.

Upgraded to. 600 last night and had a quick Litchi test this morning in a nice open field using both Orbit and Focus modes (two of the effected flight modes)

Both worked as before with no unexpected movements or glitches - in fact focus mode in several orientation setups seemed even smoother then before - but that might just be me getting better as using it.

Orbit mode was as stable and easy to use as in .400 - again no unexpected surprises.

It was only about 15 mins if flying - didn't test waypoints as they worked fine in .500/550 anyway.

So I'd say it's safe to upgrade to .600 and use Litchi

I'll try Autopilot tonight or tomorrow and report back.

Me too. I upgraded to .600 yesterday and tried Litchi with waypoints and orbit mode, and it flew perfectly. Not long distance flying, but the functions seemed to work just fine.

So does the Orbit and Focus modes in Litchi work like the Active Track functions in the GO app? Aside from the waypoint function in Litchi, was curious what else works better or is only on Litchi. I'm still debating on if Litchi is worth the $25.

It's well worth the price. The orbit mode lets you setup an orbit including the camera motion and then save it and fly it once you are happy in automated mode. Not sure I see any advantage on the active track side of things. Perhaps someone else who has used this more can comment.

It's well worth the price. The orbit mode lets you setup an orbit including the camera motion and then save it and fly it once you are happy in automated mode. Not sure I see any advantage on the active track side of things. Perhaps someone else who has used this more can comment.
So you can setup orbit prior to flight then run it at a later time?

Yes you can.
But even better, when you are on site you can set the orbit up from the map without having to hover over the top on the point of interest.
Say you want to fly round a tall building or structure or even a group of people. You don't want to fly right up an over them first.

The other advantage is you can see the orbit plotted on the map so you can see if you might fly sideways into a tree! It's great for checking clearances.

Looks like I'm getting litchi. Would like to have preplanned flights set up.

Any pilots out there have some feedback on Fpv mode in Litchi with the .600 update? Everything good?- I know Litchi is saying all modes are functioning but if anyone is experiencing anything out of norm for Fpv please post some details!
You havent experienced flying a drone without the use of Fpv! Cheers!

Last edited:
I went ahead and purchased Litchi and upgraded to the latest firmware.

We have 2 Mavic's and just fly with Litchi. No issues and no app crashes. Just wish DJI can get their act together.

I agree, but I do like the editing options of the dji go4 app- that is all I use it for. It makes things way easier being that Im not very tech savyy in editing video with a computer or like messing around with a micro sd card constantly.
Dear Litchi, please make a video editing option within the app and Ill never have to use the ever-crashing dji app again!... fly on brother dave!

Flew my Mavic using Litchi after applying all the updates (DJI and Litchi) for about 90 mins today. Great fun without a care in the world until what I thought was a bird attacked the Mavic causing a sudden/short drop in altitude and loss of reception. Could not have been more than 20 seconds...a little freaked out I gained control and, as I was only 1,000 feet away, quickly landed and checked for signs of something to explain what happened. Nothing...not a scratch, feather...zip. About 20 mins later I'm hovering the Mavic 15 feet away from me and I watch the Mavic's gimble begin to freaks out ( moving up then down, left/right) and then the Mavic starts twitching turning right quickly then suddenly drops six inches downward to the ground...I wasn't touching the control sticks.I brought her down and switched back to the DJI app without further incidents. Has anyone experienced this since the updates? What could have caused the problem?

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez