DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi locked me out, crashed!

Where do I find the files.....I plugged in the Mavic and read the SD card, but the folder that says 'Logs' is empty.
Use assistant 2 connect the mavic powered on to your computer. It's not on the sd it's internal memory of the drone.

Use assistant 2 connect the mavic powered on to your computer. It's not on the sd it's internal memory of the drone.

Got it extracted, its a DAT file like you say. Tried to upload to my account on healthydrones, but shows that not being a supported file?

Healthydrones cant read dat files. Healthy drones can only read the text file from the controller. To be honest healthydrones is more for seeing battery info and stuff like that. It's not for troubleshooting. Post the dat file to drop box or google drive and link it here.

I was bringing it home when I lost control, and my house was due SW from it at around 2:30 in the P.M. So yes, I would say it was facing the sun.

If it was fairly low and bright I suspect the OE stopped it coming home and kept cloning to try and avoid it.

This has been seen on multiple occasions.

It's highly recommended right now to turn off OR in RTH until DJI tweak it and set RTH height well above anything around

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

If it was fairly low and bright I suspect the OE stopped it coming home and kept cloning to try and avoid it.

This has been seen on multiple occasions.

It's highly recommended right now to turn off OR in RTH until DJI tweak it and set RTH height well above anything around

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

It was pretty low, I think between 200-300 feet high at the time.

Healthydrones cant read dat files. Healthy drones can only read the text file from the controller. To be honest healthydrones is more for seeing battery info and stuff like that. It's not for troubleshooting. Post the dat file to drop box or google drive and link it here.

It's uploading, I'll link it here later today. Be curious to hear from someone that knows what they are looking at. My internet connection is only .7 mpbs on upload, so it says 5 hours or so lol!

Oh boy. I have stuck with the DJI app until now. A little nervous about flying my mavic using other apps now.....

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using MavicPilots mobile app

Yeah, if DJI Go had the option for VR goggles I wouldn't be using Litch either. But that might cut down on goggles sales once they come out, I understand why they didn't do it......Dang I wish they would release them.....VR goggles are cool, but the actual HD goggles will be SO MUCH COOLER.

+1 on drilling it into your head to remember to switch to Sport mode! I've been using Litchi to fly waypoint missions and there's something very, very disconcerting about hitting "play" and watching the Mavic fly an automated route. The only thing that reassured me was to try out switching to Sport to take control (and at some time in the future I'll probably forget).

Here is the flight log, would love to hear what it says from someone who has the software and know how to check it out.

DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2017-01-01_11-32-48.DAT

I don't think you chose the right option. It tells me this isn't a flight control entry. See step 4 here: How to retrieve a .DAT

Also make sure you're picking the correct file for the event. Every time you power on the mavic, it creates a new DAT file.

Crap, I picked both Flight Control and Vision Module......have to start over.

Crap, I picked both Flight Control and Vision Module......have to start over.
No need to do that. @f3honda4me ran into a bug that arises when version 1.0.8 of the DJI Assistant 2 is used. As a workaround use ExtractDJI on the .DAT and that will produce, in this case, a FLY120.DAT and FLY121.DAT. ExtractDJI can be found by Start->CsvView->ExtractDJI; i.e. it's next to CsvView.

Don't include the Vision Module Files. They just make the .DAT larger and DatCon or CsvView doesn't know what to do with them.

No need to do that. @f3honda4me ran into a bug that arises when version 1.0.8 of the DJI Assistant 2 is used. As a workaround use ExtractDJI on the .DAT and that will produce, in this case, a FLY120.DAT and FLY121.DAT. ExtractDJI can be found by Start->CsvView->ExtractDJI; i.e. it's next to CsvView.

Don't include the Vision Module Files. They just make the .DAT larger and DatCon or CsvView doesn't know what to do with them.
@BudWalker I'm having a hard time with this one because of the two dat files, it doesn't look right to me.

When ExtractDJI is used, is there a overlap with FLY120 and FLY121, or is there some missing data between the two files?

Reactions: Sharifs
There is a new version of DatCon. Version 2.4.2 can be obtained by downloading it from here. This version fixes the bug encountered after having used DJI Assistant 2 v 1.0.8. There are some other changes as well as some bug fixes. In particular the column rthHeight was added to the .csv. I had speculated that somehow the Mavic thought the RTH height was 498 meters. But, it was actually 91 meters.

A new version of CsvView with a fix for the DJI Assistant 2 problem will be put later today.

Reactions: HaWu
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne