DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi - Syncing waypoint missions

Srcrain

Reactions
I creating some waypoint missions in Litchi on my desktop PC and also deleted some missions. However, when I go to sync them to my various devices (all connected to wifi), some work others don't. On my iphone and ipad the new missions show up, but the deleted some missions still show up on those devices. Also on my smart controller the new missions don't show up at all and the deleted missions are still being shown.

1) I think I know how to sync the smart controller - log off and then log back in. However, is there another way to do a refresh of missions without logging out?
2) When Litchi syncs is it just looking for new missions but doesn't delete old missions since they are saved locally?

I don't know anything about the Smart Controller, but yes, I create all my missions on the hub.
Add, Edit, Delete. The missions on the mobile devices don't get deleted, I kind of use naming conventions so I know what I'm about to run.
2019_07_11
2019-07_11b

If actually run it
2019_07_11B_13:05
Time of day I ran it 1:05 Pm

I think we need to erase all on our mobile devices, I haven't got the nerve to do it yet.

Anybody else got some input?

Rod

> Anybody else got some input?

Okay...

My input is that I just don't experience any difficulties with this - Litchi works as I expect it to. I use it across three devices (the computer, the tablet and the smartphone), and all the missions sync all the time.

I would add that in the main I create and edit missions on the computer, using Chrome or Safari, rather than on the mobile device. On the rare occasions I do create missions on the mobile (for example, when on holiday away from my computer) I use the browser (Chrome or Safari) on the tablet, rather than the native app. When you do this, the Litchi website recognises the mobile web browser and warns you that the app is the preferred mode of creating and editing missions. There is good reason for this - you cannot use a CTRL-click with your finger to create Points of Interest easily. However, there are ways around this, and good reasons for using the browser - it has better tools. You will see from my YouTube film (www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXAHTNJ9704) that I use screen dumps from the computer and the tablet.

Reactions: Bofman51 and RodPad
Yes,
All input is good, correct or not. ;)
The not 's get buried, the correct's stay on top!

I like your theory on which browser to use. I use Firefox, I had some issues with Litchi in the past and Firefox was the only one I got to work. I have few posts on that problem.

I was just checking on the Hub, trying to count, well a was about 125 missions 1/2 through the list. Do you think chrome will fix this? Just kidding. :)

But, yep I have seen what the OP is asking about, I posted my best personal solution.

I really don't like videos.

I watched the video, pretty good!
I didn't need the sound on!
Fast forwarding through the slow parts, not jumping cut and paste!
Explaining what worked and didn't.!
What I think is missing from your video?

Sharing your mission that you ran. ;)

Where you stated, I really don't know what happen there, I pretty sure I know.

Rod

Thanks for watching my video - you've joined a very select few...

With regard to the sound, I've stated before in this forum that most YouTube drone videos are improved by removing the music that people have added. And thank you for noticing that I moved rapidly through the boring parts.

With regard to the "I don't know what happened there" (youtu.be/DXAHTNJ9704?t=457), I also think I know the cause. Litchi does not provide gimbal control as part of its mission programme. It relies on direct radio contact to control the gimbal, and at that point in the mission, with the drone below another hill, the connection was not good.

I am not sure why you feel I should share the mission, but nonetheless I already had. If you look for Scotland in Litchi's mission hub, there are only three missions in Edinburgh. Mine is the southernmost one of those.

Thanks for watching my video - you've joined a very select few...

With regard to the sound, I've stated before in this forum that most YouTube drone videos are improved by removing the music that people have added. And thank you for noticing that I moved rapidly through the boring parts.

With regard to the "I don't know what happened there" (youtu.be/DXAHTNJ9704?t=457), I also think I know the cause. Litchi does not provide gimbal control as part of its mission programme. It relies on direct radio contact to control the gimbal, and at that point in the mission, with the drone below another hill, the connection was not good.

I am not sure why you feel I should share the mission, but nonetheless I already had. If you look for Scotland in Litchi's mission hub, there are only three missions in Edinburgh. Mine is the southernmost one of those.

I really hope the OP got his question answered. ;)

Thanks for watching my video - "you've joined a very select few..."
Not sure what I joined, must be difference in language?

"With regard to the sound, I've stated before in this forum that most YouTube drone videos are improved by removing the music that people have added. And thank you for noticing that I moved rapidly through the boring parts."
Yes, If I want to learn something?
I just want the facts!

"I am not sure why you feel I should share the mission, but nonetheless I already had. If you look for Scotland in Litchi's mission hub, there are only three missions in Edinburgh. Mine is the southernmost one of those."

"Mine is the southernmost one of those."
I guess my statement is related to your video.
it is not easy for a new person or even myself wanting to see the mission related to the video they watched.
The Point?
I would like to look at your mission to look for Good, Bad, etc.

Crashed my P3S. Time to learn how to fix.

Rod

Thanks for watching my video - "you've joined a very select few..."
Not sure what I joined, must be difference in language?
Sorry, it's a self-deprecating colloquialism. It means not many people have seen the film, but at least you are one of them.
"Mine is the southernmost one of those."
it is not easy for a new person or even myself wanting to see the mission related to the video they watched.
The Point?
I would like to look at your mission to look for Good, Bad, etc.

It is featured in the YouTube film at youtu.be/DXAHTNJ9704?t=360.
You can also see it at: Mission Hub - Litchi.

Reactions: RodPad
@Srcrain,
Any thoughts on the Syncing problem?
Me and @Facherty are keeping your thread active. ;)

It is featured in the YouTube film at youtu.be/DXAHTNJ9704?t=360.

Thanks the hub link it works!

You did look at the thread I posted? Crashed my P3S. Time to learn how to fix.

All of your links accept for the first on #3 don't work, must be the browser? ;):)
I didn't see any link on your YouTube page that a user would be able to view your mission.

"It is featured in the YouTube film at youtu.be/DXAHTNJ9704?t=360.
"

So i just looked again, all the links that I can see are your movie parts.

"An example of using Litchi with the DJI Mavic Air drone to plan a complex and safe flight.
Part 1 - The Mission: https://youtu.be/DXAHTNJ9704?t=38
Part 2 - Gotchas: https://youtu.be/DXAHTNJ9704?t=85
Part 3 - Planning: https://youtu.be/DXAHTNJ9704?t=112
Part 4 - Safety Check: https://youtu.be/DXAHTNJ9704?t=179
Part 5 - Edit Mission: https://youtu.be/DXAHTNJ9704?t=268
Part 6 - The Flight: https://youtu.be/DXAHTNJ9704?t=316
Part 7 - The 4K Movie:
https://youtu.be/DXAHTNJ9704?t=368"

They all go to the same video and start at the beginning?

Since YouTube is owned by Google, I need to try a computer that has chrome installed?
Well if that works, then...?

We will all be googleits?

Rod

It's simpler than that:
- the links work - just copy and paste them. (I don't put the "http:" in front of some web references to avoid MavicPilots users having to see pictures of the YouTube pages)
- for the editable map, go to Litchi mission hub (on any browser), and use your mouse to find Scotland, and then Edinburgh within there. Double click the icon in South (not east) Edinburgh

It's simpler than that:
- the links work - just copy and paste them. (I don't put the "http:" in front of some web references to avoid MavicPilots users having to see pictures of the YouTube pages)
- for the editable map, go to Litchi mission hub (on any browser), and use your mouse to find Scotland, and then Edinburgh within there. Double click the icon in South (not east) Edinburgh

K,
Only two links that you have provided works.
#7 Mission Hub - Litchi
#3 ".https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXAHTNJ9704."

All the other links you have provided, and all links on your YouTube channel go to the same video, they don't go to any
specific part.

"- the links work - just copy and paste them"
Do the links work when you do that?
If yes, how about the ones that I posted on post #8?

Obviously you didn't look at the link a provided.

Well I'm done with this thread and a apology to @Srcrain

Rod

"- the links work - just copy and paste them"
Do the links work when you do that?
If yes, how about the ones that I posted on post #8?
Yes, they do exactly that: I copy, say, "youtu.be/DXAHTNJ9704?t=179" and paste it into a browser tab. It goes straight to the required point in the film.
And you're very welcome.

Update:
WTHey,

The links to the different parts work at work, Win7.0 and Firefox.
They don't on my laptop, Win10 and Firefox. :rolleyes:

This stuff makes my head hurt.....

Rod

Litchi waypoint missions not connecting to rc. This is a relatively new phenomenon as 2 months ago I never had a problem. I do not have DJIgo loaded on my iPhone and I have two Mavic Airs and am experiencing the same issue. I have uninstalled the litchi app and re-installed it. Any clues?

Reactions: RodPad
Litchi waypoint missions not connecting to rc. This is a relatively new phenomenon as 2 months ago I never had a problem. I do not have DJIgo loaded on my iPhone and I have two Mavic Airs and am experiencing the same issue. I have uninstalled the litchi app and re-installed it. Any clues?

Welcome to the Forum!
Your first post here and a member for 2 1/2 years?

I would recommend you starting a new thread with some more details, when it worked and what device you had when it did, and any other drones that have worked, mobile devices that have worked and you have tried.

Rod.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki