Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi v1.5.8 for iOS released

javester

Reactions
Per the release notes:

What's New in Version 1.15.8
- fixed hardware decoding bug
- fixed issue where the battery serial would not correctly update in the flight logs when changing the battery
- due to a bug in the DJI firmware, Focus, Track and VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking modes are no longer usable with the following drone models and firmware versions: Mavic Pro (v01.03.0500), Inspire 2 (v01.0.0240) and Phantom 4 Pro (v01.03.0418). If you are using one of these firmware versions and wish to continue using the affected flight modes, either downgrade to a previous firmware version using the DJI Assistant 2 PC/Mac app or wait for DJI to release a new firmware that will fix this bug

Please confirm/elaborate this:

"- due to a bug in the DJI firmware, Focus, Track and VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking modes are no longer usable with the following drone models and firmware versions: Mavic Pro (v01.03.0500), Inspire 2 (v01.0.0240) and Phantom 4 Pro (v01.03.0418)."

I have a Mavic, does this (if Litchi app is upgraded to the new version) mean, that Focus and Track modes are not supported at all using Litchi (until DJI fixes the bugs)? If so, maybe not a good idea to upgrade?

Sorry for the maybe stupid question, but as a newbie I am still learning...

I have a Mavic, does this (if Litchi app is upgraded to the new version) mean, that Focus and Track modes are not supported at all using Litchi (until DJI fixes the bugs)?
It's correct, but the point that the update is disabling it so you can't use them - becasue if you do so on current version you'll likely have erratic behavior or crash. They've warned a couple of weeks ago not to use those modes on .500 firmware anymore.

Thanks Kilrah, I got it. I have apparently missed that warning, luckily I haven't used those modes on current Litchi app yet.
I would say this is a quite serious problem, if you have missed the warning.
Anyway, upgrading to the new version doesn't change things, so it can be done?

But VR with normal stick flight still works? (If it even has worked before? Haha I'm just exploring this app)

I've just downgraded to .400 and Go 4.04, and everything Litchi related works perfectly now. Range seems to be better too. I couldn't get by without the wonderful focus mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum