DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Pro & Controller/iOS/Android Updates - Dec 27, 2023

Photo Booth

Reactions
New firmware for the Mavic 3 Pro was released on Dec 27, 2023. In addition, updates for the RC-Pro, RC, and RC-N1, as well as new versions of the iOS and Android DJI Fly apps.

Overview:
  • Date: 2023.12.27
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.01.0500
  • Remote Controller Firmware: v03.02.0700 (DJI RC Pro)
  • v01.03.1000 (DJI RC)
  • v04.18.0500 (DJI RC-N1)
  • DJI Fly App iOS: v1.12.4
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.12.4
What’s New
  • Added support for civil uncrewed aircraft owners to register their aircraft with CAAC using their real names to comply with the uncrewed aircraft-related regulations in China.
  • Fixed some known issues.
Notes:
  • Added features require DJI Fly v1.12.4 or later.
  • Camera settings will be reset after firmware update, check the camera settings in DJI Fly.
  • If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), and retry.

Mark

Reads like since I’m not in China, not beneficial?

Reads like since I’m not in China, not beneficial?

The updates for controllers and apps reportedly fix some bugs. I am uncertain what is being fixed or improved.

Mark

The updates for controllers and apps reportedly fix some bugs. I am uncertain what is being fixed or improved.

Mark
DJI isn’t known for providing detailed information on which bugs are remedied.
Some good and some not so good. Research is best.

DJI isn’t known for providing detailed information on which bugs are remedied.
Some good and some not so good. Research is best.
And invariably some are introduced especially if no regressive testing is done. 😄

Happy New Year.
I now aslo notice a screen shot of the M3 Pro pop up seem like when shuttling down.
When the Pro Controller is linking to the M3 Pro it is still the old screen.
I also fly the mini 2 with the Pro Controller.
Don’t see anything different.
Also I picked up a new set of adjustable controller sticks.
Pro controller is lot smoother, less jerky.

Any of these update affect or improve original Mavic 3 and RC Pro controller?
Anyone test it yet for this combo?

Any new additions to programable button options on RC Pro? I remain hopeful that this great but still underutilized controller will get some attention from DJI in this regard. It has been a while though so my hopes are starting to fade...

Any new additions to programable button options on RC Pro? I remain hopeful that this great but still underutilized controller will get some attention from DJI in this regard. It has been a while though so my hopes are starting to fade...
Because this new .0500 FW is reversible to the previous one I gave it a go and updated my M3P and RC Pro.
I am not 100% sure about this but after the update it felt like the GPS satelite acquisition took much longer. The number sort of lingered at 6 to 9 sats for a very long time before it reached number sufficient for the Home Point to be registered. Maybe 3+ minutes.
So I decided to revert to .0300 and all is back to normal. 12 to 17 sats in under a minute.
Am I magining this?

Reactions: edgardcafe
Anyone else upgraded M3P to the latest FW v01.01.0500?? Any issue or meaningful improvements?
And what about the new FlyApp v1.12.8 released on Dec 28th?? The larger text is a welcomed addition. Anything else??

Reactions: edgardcafe
I'm searching for who updated to Version v01.01.0500 (from 2023.12.27) also on Youtube but it seems like not much info. Any new info will be appreciative.

Does the mavic 3 pro 1.01.0300 fw work with the latest DJI RC 1.03.1200 firmware? Or will I be forced to upgrade my aircraft as well?

Does the mavic 3 pro 1.01.0300 fw work with the latest DJI RC 1.03.1200 firmware? Or will I be forced to upgrade my aircraft as well?
It does work with the latest RC Pro controller FW so I assume it will work with the latest DJI RC controller FW too. I believe you can upgrade aircraft and controller independently from each other. I upgraded both and then downgraded just the Mavic 3 Pro aircraft FW to the previous version via Assistant 2. All works just fine.

Reactions: userix

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13