DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Waypoint Mission - Cruising Speed on Mavic

MarinFlyer

Reactions
Hi All-

I just upgraded from a Phantom Pro 3 to a Mavic - this thing is amazing.

I've used Litchi for the past year with the Phantom and never had any issues, and I have not had any issues yet with the Mavic either.

However - I do some long range waypoint flights over open water, often 14-16 minutes in duration. I'm trying to figure out the speed setting limitations and wonder if anyone had any experience.

On my Phantom, I'd often set the cruising speed at 25mph. But I've noticed flying the Mavic manually that the top speed in P mode is around 20mph - of course flipping into sport mode it goes like 40mph but I understand you can't run waypoint missions in Sport Mode on the mavic. So am i limited in setting the mission cruise speed for the Mavic at 20mph? Or will it go at the set litchi cruise speed?

I've read other posts where the Mavic kind of freaks out if it is unable to keep up with the parameters set in litchi for its mission - just don't want to learn the hard way way out over open water on a long mission.

Thanks.

So I did today.

Did a mile long rectangular route and set cruising speeds in litchi incrementally from 20 up to 30mph. Long story short, the Mavic likes to cruise at 22-25. When I had it at 30mph it got up to 28 at one point probably due to wind but mostly was in the 25 range with occasional 26-27 speeds. So it will not cruise as fast as the phantom, but it didn't do anything irregular when it couldn't keep up with the set cruise speed and the RPMs never seemed to redline either.

Reactions: Cariost and Dan Lee

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998