DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Littleton, Colorado 80128

Hello all Coloradoan's

Name is Jerry. I live in the DTC area of Denver and purchased my Mavic last Saturday. Picked up the State Farm insurance on it ($60 yr.) and ready for some action.

Jerry

Hi Jerry. I work in the DTC. Also have a coworker who has a Mavic. Maybe do a lunch fly when we get our air legs. DJI must be selling a b*t*load of these.

Hi Gary, sure...PM me and we can exchange info. I searched and searched before purchasing my Mavic and just as I was about to give up and order from DJI or Amazon, I found one at Mike's Camera. Nice when it works out that way.

Currently flying a P4. I have a Mavic on order. Location southern Jefferson County near Chatfield State Park. We have an aerodrome there, but mostly for fixed wing aircraft, and there isn't a lot of elbow room. Mostly fly in the foothills west of The Hogback. Open for additional suggestions and group fly's.

Mr. Flannery, good to see you on here. I didn't realize you were a DP. Hopefully I'll see you out one of these days soon.
I'm going to hit up some of the radio crew to see if they would like any drone footage of balloon launches or the like.

Jim - KD0NQT (yes, eldest of WB0TUB)

Mr. Flannery, good to see you on here. I didn't realize you were a DP. Hopefully I'll see you out one of these days soon.
I'm going to hit up some of the radio crew to see if they would like any drone footage of balloon launches or the like.

Jim - KD0NQT (yes, eldest of WB0TUB)
There are a couple of hams in northern colorado as well myself and n0war. I'm flying a p4 and a mavic pro. We hang out on talk group 3171 brandmeister.network DMR give us a call sometime.

Reactions: JGhost and kd0bik
Jim,
Are we allowed to fly over in the area of the HogBack? I thought all of Jeffco was a NoFly zone. I've been itching to get some Red Rocks footage, but ...

Jim,
Are we allowed to fly over in the area of the HogBack? I thought all of Jeffco was a NoFly zone. I've been itching to get some Red Rocks footage, but ...

Not an April Fools reply. Just getting that out of the way.

Long story short, as with speeding...read that as you may. I don't condone breaking the law. But my car definitely goes fast.

No, you can't fly in Jeffco open space. Ridiculous, but it is how they wrote their regs, we're not allowed. I've really thought about it too but have decided Colorado has way more to offer than red rocks or garden of the gods.

they need to ban the sale of new drones in the US and grandfather in all owners that already had a Drone lol

best tip ever....you can fly in jeffco open space as long as you aren't piloting the Drone inside the open space.

Currently flying a P4. I have a Mavic on order. Location southern Jefferson County near Chatfield State Park. We have an aerodrome there, but mostly for fixed wing aircraft, and there isn't a lot of elbow room. Mostly fly in the foothills west of The Hogback. Open for additional suggestions and group fly's.
HOWDY, after a year with a P3-4K i've been flying Mavic since march, did a bunch of flying north of sterling co. now in Englewoode.

New Mavic Pro user. Went to Jeffco Parks and asked about fly areas last week. Very nice lady talked with me. Limited area at the baseball fields at Kipling and 285-$10 permit. Area in Easton Park off Coal Mine and west of Simms-$10 permit. Yes-permits required for both sites. You're given a card. Chatfield RC area is well managed by the local Academy of Model Aeronautics RC club-they maintain it. They ask that a UAS pilot be a member of AMA and can join the club to help support the area. The field manager and members I talked with were friendly and informative. (Their hope is that we will graduate to RC planes of course! Hey, after checking out some of the electric planes on the market, I could have got started for less than what I did with the Mavic Pro!) We can use the opposite end of the runway from the active runway. Flew for a short time at Easton Park yesterday. Very few people around-mostly in the kids play area and some teens lounging in the shade on lunch break.

Hello all!!!

Picked up my MP today after weeks of comparing the Spark, MP, all of the P3 & p4 models. Looking into the part 107, looks interesting even if it's not needed. Will look into registration tomorrow.

Reactions: Grif
Greetings all. I live in Highlands Ranch and have a Mavic Air I just started flying yesterday. Looking for more clarification on flight rules at Red Rocks, since it is Denver land...

Greetings all. I live in Highlands Ranch and have a Mavic Air I just started flying yesterday. Looking for more clarification on flight rules at Red Rocks, since it is Denver land...
I think Red Rocks is part of Denver parks so can’t fly from inside.

And while you can't fly from INSIDE, it isn't a good idea to fly over it from outside either. There are other very nice rock formations in the area that are similar. Unfortunately, we don't get very good press when someone decides to make an issue, and that hurts all of us.

Unfortunately, you cannot fly at red rocks, because it is a city park. In addition, as someone else has already stated… Yes, you may technically be able to launch from somewhere else and fly over… But it is clearly going against what they are trying to achieve, and it makes us all look bad.

If you’re looking for cool footage, take a drive up the mountain and do some shooting in Georgetown… Law-enforcement his drone friendly and may even be able to point out some other cool spots.

Reactions: frank candor
Unfortunately, you cannot fly at red rocks, because it is a city park. In addition, as someone else has already stated… Yes, you may technically be able to launch from somewhere else and fly over… But it is clearly going against what they are trying to achieve, and it makes us all look bad.

If you’re looking for cool footage, take a drive up the mountain and do some shooting in Georgetown… Law-enforcement his drone friendly and may even be able to point out some other cool spots.

Thanks for the responses all.

I grew up in Bailey, and am thinking of places to fly around there, including Guanella over to Georgetown.

OK, new question for you locals? Have any of you taken the Part 107 exam and have your license? I may have need to fly near a local airport, and wanted to bounce some questions off of you. From what I could tell in some of the air map apps, it may be possible to do this if I am 107 certified and in contact with the facility.

I'm in the SE Aurora area, looking for places to fly too. Anybody ever fly in the downtown area? Looking to get some footage downtown both during the day (more than likely a weekend with less people) as well as night.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998