DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Locating a Crashed Drone Using Distance

Moose408

Reactions
I crashed my drone earlier this week and went to find it. I thought I could just use the distance on the app to help locate it. But as I walked towards the crash the distance never changed. I guessed that it was the distance from the home point and not the controller so I changed the home point to be the controller and the distance still didn't change.

So my question is why?

Is there another technique I could have used to help locate it? The little radar display helped somewhat to let me to know I was heading towards it but was not ideal.

I have set mine down several times and that map took me right to it .
I knew where it was both times but tried it anyway .
Worked great .

Reactions: Drone Master
I have set mine down several times and that map took me right to it .
I knew where it was both times but tried it anyway .
Worked great .
I was off the grid so no map data. It also just seemed to show where the home point was so didn't change as I walked closer.

May need to go experiment this afternoon.

I think you have to go into the app to find my drone little three lines at the top before you get into the go for app and that I think is what you use

I have cell service on my mini and it shows the bird as a arrow and my location as a blue dot on my map .
I just follow that holding my TX and mini and blue dot takes me right to it .
Might not if the battery was out I dono .

Reactions: Blades
You should be able to pull up the logged flight path from the GO App and then just fast forward the flight to the last point of contact. It should then show the gps coordinates below it. Just enter that number into the google maps search bar and it will give you a location. You don't even need an internet connection for that. The map will just show your current location and the gps coordinates that you entered in.

Reactions: PacketRacket
You should be able to pull up the logged flight path from the GO App and then just fast forward the flight to the last point of contact. It should then show the gps coordinates below it. Just enter that number into the google maps search bar and it will give you a location. You don't even need an internet connection for that. The map will just show your current location and the gps coordinates that you entered in.
Thank you. That is exactly what I needed. I also have a GPS app on my phone so it would make it trivial to find.

Reactions: PacketRacket
You will have to substitute in the n, s, w, e before the numbers though. Example: if it says 45.145673 -134.456753. You would type in n45.145673 w134.456753 into Google earth.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky