DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Longer rc cable?

oke the pilot

Reactions
Hi ive just got my mavic and havent been able to fly it yet cause my Rc cable dosent reach tonthe side of my insert hole on sony xperia Z3, and no where is there any help for it. And dont know if u need a original dji cable for it (micro usb (android) male to male) or just any out there and male to male is not so common to find either..

Reactions: skan
You can use the standard USB connector on the bottom of the remote as well. The cable you use to connect your Sony to a PC should be fine. That's how I connect my iPad Pro 12.9" to the controller.

Reactions: SMackC4
Here are a few micro USB cables that might work for you:

Last edited:
Reactions: bubbledoktor
Hi ive just got my mavic and havent been able to fly it yet cause my Rc cable dosent reach tonthe side of my insert hole on sony xperia Z3, and no where is there any help for it. And dont know if u need a original dji cable for it (micro usb (android) male to male) or just any out there and male to male is not so common to find either..

Thanks alot everyone..never thought someone would actually reply :) but ive tested out 5-6 different original cables, my chromecast, xperia, old samsung.. Non of them will connect to the GO app or even respond(usb on the bottom of the RC) . Only the male to male micro on the side of the RC responds. I red somewhere that the one on the bottom is only for charging.. But any how.. Stil haven been able to fly mine yet haha ironic how i waited 4 months for it and when.its finally here haha
Here are a few micro USB cables that might work for you:

910038589381f2060a202fe6183c78eb.jpg

But the usb on the.bottom dosent work as the one on the side, it dosent respond tonthe go app and connects, only the one on thebside of the remote c
It should connect and respond after you remove the cable from the left side of the remote controller.

Reactions: Lasidora and scooot
If you rotate your phone so that your USB slot on your phone is facing down, you should then be able to use a stand USB - micro USB cable to connect to the USB port on the bottom of the controller. Just ignore the USB cable in the side of the controller, or remove it. Also make sure you're using the DJI Go 4 app.

I'll restate, for an Apple iPad, the standard USB port on the bottom of the controller WILL connect and function perfectly using a standard Apple USB-Lighting cable. It was the only way to connect a 12.9" iPad pro.

But the port on the bottom will not connect to an android using a standard android cable-right? At least mine won't.

But the port on the bottom will not connect to an android using a standard android cable-right?
Yes, you can use a standard micro USB cable (or whichever type of cable your mobile device uses). Make sure you unplug the cable from the left side of the remote controller before plugging the cable into the bottom of the remote controller.

Well my phone will connect using the bottom connector if I use the charging cable that came with the mavic. But if I use a regular android cable, it won't connect to the app. The side connector is not plugged in.

It sounds like you have a charge-only cable.

If you need to purchase a new cable, anything on this list will work.

Reactions: Flycaster
Yup, what msinger said, not all cables are equal. Some be charge only (cheap cheap cheap), and then you have the data cable
The OEM cable that came with your device, they are designed for data transfers/backups from device(s) to compuiter. That should work.
Be careful what you find on Amazon, look at descriptions carefully.

Yes, you can use a standard micro USB cable (or whichever type of cable your mobile device uses). Make sure you unplug the cable from the left side of the remote controller before plugging the cable into the bottom of the remote controller.
Doesn't work. I've tried multiple cables. They work to connect my phone to the computer, but not to connect the phone to the controller. The only one that works is the charging cable that came with the mavic. It's way too long and I'd like a shorter one, But don't know what to buy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan