DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking Back on Early DJI

Seth P

Reactions
I was look looking through th forums and saw something about the phantoms an realized that I had never seen the original phantom so I looked it up and I found this picture, I don't know why they waisted so mutch space in the Shell of the P1Screenshot_20190411-134613~2.jpeg

Reactions: Bill combs
I was look looking through th forums and saw something about the phantoms an realized that I had never seen the original phantom so I looked it up and I found this picture, I don't know why they waisted so mutch space in the Shell of the P1View attachment 69145
Gives it a sturdy appearance maybe? What I find interesting is they used an off the shelf Naza controller.

When you connect the mavic to Assistant 2 it seems to think the Mavic is an A3 flight controller. I wonder if there’s a way to unlock the flight controller so it works like a stand alone A3. A stand alone A3 could be used with an onboard SDK for custom firmwares like the Matrice. It could be modified to take a different or multiple cameras, add on obstacle sensors, a third party remote, RTK capabilities etc.

Reactions: charliesRig
It did make it more convenient for all the other crap I had to load into it LOL. Video transmitter, wires to hook up the gimbal, the module wired in to give me readouts for Battery voltage, GPS Location, Altitude, all that stuff that wasn't included on the P1. Had all kinds of goodies in it before I finally moved on to the P3A.69147

Ha! Young'ins.

My 2006 Rig - yes FM and it had a can of air to pull the legs up so the Sony VX2000 could film in vivid 480

Reactions: Chip
I think the mavic has a proprietary flight controller, but uses the a3 architecture

What's funny is that p1 is still 500 dolllars

Wow, she was a colorful bird. As a newbie I'm starting to see now that you "pioneers" had to have a lot more knowledge of all the components and their functions and the ability to make them work together. I'm also amazed at the speed this technology has progressed in the consumer market. Anyway thanks to all of you for trail blazing!

Yes Sir
Cricket (GPM) kit with 0.50 motor
Fly bar custom made wood rotors
Drum clutch would last rebuilt every 4-5 flight
1985 I paid $1700 for kit and motor
And I crashed/rebuilt it more time then I can remember
Then got into 107'G and later9334
While trying to mount a camera
On the bigger ones.
Went to say good by to my brother
He pulls out a P3
......it's all history now
.....and to this day
I'm still flyin/crashin MP1
.....cR

Reactions: Chip
It did make it more convenient for all the other crap I had to load into it LOL. Video transmitter, wires to hook up the gimbal, the module wired in to give me readouts for Battery voltage, GPS Location, Altitude, all that stuff that wasn't included on the P1. Had all kinds of goodies in it before I finally moved on to the P3A.View attachment 69147
View attachment 69148
View attachment 69149
View attachment 69150

The good old days, no gimble on my first one, wasn't even an option. I got one like yours. Crazy antennas to a display that weighed a ton.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu