DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for a Pro2 teacher in Charlotte NC

jazzcat1

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I’ve been a fine art photographer for many years <www.Davidpalmerimages.com> and recently decided to upgrade my skill set by purchasing my first drone: Mavic Pro2. I’m beginning at ground zero and have no experience with drones…I’m trying to locate someone in the Charlotte area who could teach me how to use my particular Mavic…

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots!

WELCOME to the forum from the western edge of NC (Blue Ridge Mountains).

There are a good deal of members on this forum in your general vicinity but if you get up to western NC let me know and I'll be glad to get some stick time in with you.

Here are a couple of FB groups where you might find some local assistance:
NORTH CAROLINA Drone Club

NORTH CAROLINA DRONES & PHOTOGRAPHY

It's imperative you understand that LEGAL requirements of UAS/Drones.

Recreational Drone Operators must take the TRUST

Any flight that is not 100% Recreational requires you to have your Part 107 license.

Any Drone/UAS weighing more than 249gr (yours does) must be registered with the FAA. If it's flown for anything other than Recreational it must be registered on the COMMERCIAL side of the FAA Registration Portal. Go ahead and register Commercial because that registration is good for Commercial and Recreational use. Make sure you ONLY register at the link below because that are some "sketchy" websites that offer "additional services for a fee" that you do NOT need.
FAA Drone Zone

In the state of NC you also must take and pass the NC DOT Aviation Division Commercial Drone Permit. Take this after you get your Part 107 because it pretty much mirrors Part 107.
NC DOT Aviation Division
NCDOT: Unmanned Aircraft Systems

I'm an FAA Safety Team Representative for your area so if you have any questions feel free to reach out to me. I'm always glad to help in any way I can.

Allen

Welcome. My $.02 is get a toy drone first to get comfortable with the controls etc. The DJIs basically fly themselves, but if something happens you need to know how to fly.

One thing to practice is have the drone face you and create muscle memory for turning it right or left etc.

Reactions: eaglesurfing
I’ve been a fine art photographer for many years <www.Davidpalmerimages.com> and recently decided to upgrade my skill set by purchasing my first drone: Mavic Pro2. I’m beginning at ground zero and have no experience with drones…I’m trying to locate someone in the Charlotte area who could teach me how to use my particular Mavic…
Greetings from Central Florida, and on top of (or even before), learning to fly, I direct your attention to posts six (6), and eleven (11) of this thread, those two posts are spot on and would be the advice I would give as well. Best of luck.

Hello from Minnesota USA and welcome to the Forum...There's a lot of good quality teaching/feedback going on in here. Just ask and the experts because they're great on helping and providing feedback. Remember to Fly safe and Fly smart.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching
and stay safe.. Thumbswayup

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum from the dry lakeless hills of Lake City FL. An irony... I know. If lakes grew here as much as your knowledge will, Lake City would become an ocean. ;)

Welcome again!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_