DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for examples of the Mavic 2 Zoom - Super Resolution feature

Tree_Top_Flyer

Reactions
"The Mavic 2 Zoom also has a brand new Super Resolution feature – an asset when capturing the vivid details your landscape photography deserves. When taking a picture with a 24 mm equivalent field-of-view, 4 the camera will capture and patch nine photos with its telephoto lens, resulting in a 48-megapixel super resolution photo."

If anyone sees any samples of this feature or a write up / review of this feature, please post the location.

As members of the forum get their Mavic 2 Zoom; please share your experience with this feature.

Thank you...

hi

just registered to bump this post

anyone has result photos? interested too as AEB brings colors and wonder what this might bring cheers

Makes me appreciate all the detail they put into the game "The Division". I feel like I've been there, just from having played the game.

impressive

Does any one know if the super resolution feature is a setting or does the zoom do this automatically when taking photos at 24mm. I ask this because when I take photos at 24mm I am not getting super resolution. DJI support was no help.

You need to update the firmware to take "Super Resolution photos"

This would be why none of the early reviewers (other than those provided samples from DJI) could provide "Super Resolution photos" with their reviews.

I received the following email from DJI this morning:

"Dear Mavic 2 Customer,

Thank you for choosing the Mavic 2!

Before you begin your adventure, please update the drone firmware version to 01.00.00.00 or above. You can do this through the DJI GO 4 app or the DJI Assistant 2 app.

After updating, you can use new drone features such as Hyperlapse, Dolly Zoom, and Super Resolution photos. Update now to experience the extraordinary power of the Mavic 2!

Best,

DJI
"

I don't have mine yet, so take this with a grain of salt. I thought I watched a YouTuber say that his option didn't show up until he upgraded software. And when he demonstrated it, the drone looked like it automatically zoomed in and started taking the nine shots to stitch together... I'll try to dig up the YT link, but it's labeled "One Week with the Mavic 2 Zoom - What I've Learned" if you want to look it up yourself. He covers the super-res shot around the 9:57 mark on the video.

This is a pretty good YouTube video----

Yep, that's the one I was talking about earlier...I was just on my phone and didn't have the link :)

@Kevin Cooke - That's pretty awesome video there. I'm guessing that was done with Activetrack 2.0? If so, that's an amazing improvement over the Activetrack 1.0 on the original MP. I've tried to use Activetrack several times on my MP, but it was so unreliable that I just gave up.

I was playing around with this today.. it seems like it is a panoramic shot that takes advantage of the zoom feature. I think it is just another way of rebranding the panorama feature methinks..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes