DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for experienced FPV pilots for recommendations with...

Rmcolon

Reactions
I'm planning to get the new DJI FPV drone to finally learn to fly freestyle. Which of the sticks are required to be loose (not recentering), just the throttle stick or both?

Last edited:
Reactions: PHZ
The new controller for the DJI FPV drone comes with springs on both sticks. If you want to release the left stick, you can get in the back of the controller and do that.

I'm planning to get the new DJI FPV drone to finally learn to fly freestyle. Which of the sticks are required to be loose (not recentering), just the throttle stick or both?

Make sure to get the DJI refresh for a total loss

Reactions: RMS001
The throttle should be without tension ... on a mode 2 radio that is left stick forward/backwards.

... And in order to learn ... I recommend you to do that in a simulator initially, spend 30h there before being airborne for real ... going directly for real flights in full manual (Acro) mode will usually mean a immediate crash, you don't fly Acro in the same way as a camera drone, you use both stick in combination constantly & you never release the sticks at all.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Both you are able to disarm the spring tension. In the back of the controller, lift the rubber paddings and there should be 2 screws on each side. Twist those until you like the way the joysticks feel.

But you don't want to fly with an uncentering pitch stick, that's the question he asked...
Yes, you don't want to, but is is possible

Make sure to get the DJI refresh for a total loss

Yes, I'm getting different reviews; some good (the least) and a bunch of bad. I guess the $1,200 investment is not worth right now. Thanks!

You only release throttle of course. The guides are pretty well made.

Thanks. I just wanted to know why only the throttle, but the other comments answered that. Thanks!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Black Wolf