DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for recommendations.

dart106

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Any recommendations on manual camera settings vs auto in the mini 2 during nighttime? Qualifyer: I don’t know what I don’t know about the manual camera settings. Thanks in advance.

Any recommendations on manual camera settings vs auto in the mini 2 during nighttime? Qualifyer: I don’t know what I don’t know about the manual camera settings. Thanks in advance.
What settings are going to give the best images will depend on what your subjects look like and how well (or badly) they are lit.
If you don't have a good understanding of photography basics, you should be using the auto setting and allowing the camera to determine proper exposure.
No camera records darkness well, so make sure you have plenty of lit areas in your composition rather than lots of black with a few small spots of light.
The idea is to shoot low light, not no light.

Reactions: Cymruflyer
I am about to face this scenario next Thursday. As part of the `jubilee celebrations we are lighting all the hilltop beacons along the southern coast. These were built as attack warnings during the Spanish Armada days!
The lighting will be at 10pm so it will be quite dark. We expect quite a crowd up there and I thought it would be nice to record this "once in a lifetime event" from above.
No idea how much light the actual Beacon will produce, have to see. Another Idea I have is to get everyone to turn their phone lights on and shine them on themselves?
I am a wildlife photographer of many years so do know all about camera settings so I'm about to study the manual on the subject.
Here's the camera info from the manual, are all these parameters manually settable? Think I'll have to put the Dorn up a few times before the event and play with them!
I wonder what the quality is like at ISO 3200? On my Sony RX10 it's "acceptable".
Screenshot 2022-05-26 at 08.05.08.jpgDJI_0009.jpg

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe