DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Losing the will with dji care

Lordy

Reactions
Hi all, just wondering if anyone else has had such a bad experience like mine. I didntvwant to make a thread bad mouthing the company as everyone makes mistakes but now I have been sent back a faulty drone 3 times in a row.

Basically I had a crash in December which was my own stupid fault. I had to pay for a new drone/replacement which was all well & good but it arrived with a "vision system error."
So I get another replacement in January which then came with a "gimbal shake error."
I didn't send this off until Febuary as I had no time to test after doing all the necessary checks & recalibrations with weather etc.
Anyway my controler also developed a "stick error" so back the drone went to with all details they needed & I stressed the fact that I already had 2 faulty drones sent to me by now.
Fast forward to just receiveing the same drone this time still with the intermittent gimbal shake error.

I am now completey losing my faith as obviously I am looking at returning it yet again.
The customer support is useless as they have no real communication at all with the repair center. After sending the drone back with the vision error the report online stated they had changed the gimbal control board so I contacted online support with my concern that this does not sound right but they basically told me not to worry.
I now realise the reason for this is maybe because they replaced the drone but stated what was repaired on the refurbished unit instead.
So the 3rd time around I was obviously not happy & stressed to them to properly check it over this time as it was becoming a joke. This time nothing on the report was mentioned about any repairs to my drone & again I was assured they will have fixed it.

I am thinking of selling up once it is finally back & I will definatly not be using dji care again. I have missed opprtunities & after sending it off again they will have had my drone for the best part of a month in total.

Sorry for the long winded thread :/

Reactions: Aww@Mavic
Hi all, just wondering if anyone else has had such a bad experience like mine. I didntvwant to make a thread bad mouthing the company as everyone makes mistakes but now I have been sent back a faulty drone 3 times in a row.

Basically I had a crash in December which was my own stupid fault. I had to pay for a new drone/replacement which was all well & good but it arrived with a "vision system error."
So I get another replacement in January which then came with a "gimbal shake error."
I didn't send this off until Febuary as I had no time to test after doing all the necessary checks & recalibrations with weather etc.
Anyway my controler also developed a "stick error" so back the drone went to with all details they needed & I stressed the fact that I already had 2 faulty drones sent to me by now.
Fast forward to just receiveing the same drone this time still with the intermittent gimbal shake error.

I am now completey losing my faith as obviously I am looking at returning it yet again.
The customer support is useless as they have no real communication at all with the repair center. After sending the drone back with the vision error the report online stated they had changed the gimbal control board so I contacted online support with my concern that this does not sound right but they basically told me not to worry.
I now realise the reason for this is maybe because they replaced the drone but stated what was repaired on the refurbished unit instead.
So the 3rd time around I was obviously not happy & stressed to them to properly check it over this time as it was becoming a joke. This time nothing on the report was mentioned about any repairs to my drone & again I was assured they will have fixed it.

I am thinking of selling up once it is finally back & I will definatly not be using dji care again. I have missed opprtunities & after sending it off again they will have had my drone for the best part of a month in total.

Sorry for the long winded thread :/
I'm sorry to hear that. I'm fairly confident that DJI will eventually make good on this. They appear to be contracting with a variety of third party businesses to handle repairs.

Perhaps you could tell us the facility (state and town) to which you shipped your aircraft. Some people gave wonderful experiences and others, like yourself, are completely unacceptable.

I'm sure they will fix it eventually too but the amount of time & effort wasted now has obviouly gotten to me.
I am in the UK & I have sent to to the Netherlands (Nuth) evertime.
The delivery speed is not bad at all but the lack of communication is the worst part.
I have another case open now & I am just waiting on a shipping label again.

I was told by the support operator that this will not happen again & they will put a personal note on the system about the situation ect. But this was exactly what they told me the previous time with the same generic response.
The support team is just there to be nice, tell you everything is going to be ok & all the things you want to hear but the bottom line is they just put you through the same process each time.

Sorry to double post but I have some more bad news in the update for this issue.

I received my replacement back yesterday & it appears I now have a new fault which is "compass error" & my gimbal drifts a lot.
I have spent the whole of yesterday & today while off work trying to rectify the issue by calibrating the IMU, compass & gimbal all in completey different open locations (where I have calibrated sucessfully with my original mavic) but I still get the error intermittently causing the mavic to enter atti mode each time it happens.

So it appears I have been sent my 4th faulty drone in a row.

I understand people make mistakes & bad sh1t happens but this is going beyond a bad experience now. I just want my drone back in working order but dji have almost spent more time with it than I have.

Rant over

Have you posted on the DJI forum? Some of the mods there seem to be able to communicate with CS and maybe the repair teams.

If you haven't, I'd suggest doing that mentioning all your case numbers.

You do have the arms unfolded, right? And you're not wearing a watch or have any other metal objects near you? I can understand your frustration though.

Have you posted on the DJI forum? Some of the mods there seem to be able to communicate with CS and maybe the repair teams.

If you haven't, I'd suggest doing that mentioning all your case numbers.
Thankyou I might try that. The latest representive gave me an email address this time (to the repair centre no less) to explain my concerns. It' a case of we shall see but may I ask after this whole saga if ever resolved, how should I proceed in the future? Independent insurers?

You do have the arms unfolded, right? And you're not wearing a watch or have any other metal objects near you? I can understand your frustration though.
Yes while calibrating the compass I had the arms unfolded although even folded my original mavic had no issues this way.
Lime I said I've tried all of the calibrations in different places now.

Thankyou I might try that. The latest representive gave me an email address this time (to the repair centre no less) to explain my concerns. It' a case of we shall see but may I ask after this whole saga if ever resolved, how should I proceed in the future? Independent insurers?

Insurance is probably easier but I do not know the best drone insurer at the mo. I was lucky to get a BackMeUp plan when they insured drones.

Well I get my 5th replacement drone back tomorrow, this time the representative told me that due to the circumtances I should contact them via email directly & gave me an email address & guess what? There was no difference in the process, I just had to fill out the same form & send it the same way I did the previous 5 times.

Fingers crossed I can actually start using my mavic again now the weather is looking up (a little).

Reactions: Slayerstwin
Well here I am now on my 5th drone & this one seems to have an intermittent jelly effect in all of my videos.

New Project.mp4

I have tried new propellors, differnt camera setting (although I have never had this issue before) & tried recalibrating everything.

What a ******* joke!

Well here I am now on my 5th drone & this one seems to have an intermittent jelly effect in all of my videos.

New Project.mp4

I have tried new propellors, differnt camera setting (although I have never had this issue before) & tried recalibrating everything.

What a ******* joke!

I think I'd ask to speak to a supervisor and demand a new one at this point. Tell them your time is valuable & you've wasted countless hours dealing with this.

DJI support is a darn shame... Five useless replacements and still have issues. You should demand to speak with a manager. This is getting beyond ridiculous.

I got in touch again, explained the situation & did exactly as you have both said. They obviously wanted to start a return again as usual but instead I have opened up an official complaint. I did say I should get a new one but the representative is only there to smile & nod.
This has been going on since December now so around 4 months of not being able to enjoy my mavic is time wasted indeed.

If anyone has any suggestions on a fix to the problem as seen in my short clip I'm happy to try anything that I may not have though of.

I'm missing out on some good weather now in the UK which we obviously need to make the most of.;):cool::eek:

I got in touch again, explained the situation & did exactly as you have both said. They obviously wanted to start a return again as usual but instead I have opened up an official complaint. I did say I should get a new one but the representative is only there to smile & nod.
This has been going on since December now so around 4 months of not being able to enjoy my mavic is time wasted indeed.

If anyone has any suggestions on a fix to the problem as seen in my short clip I'm happy to try anything that I may not have though of.

I'm missing out on some good weather now in the UK which we obviously need to make the most of.;):cool::eek:
Did u checked to see if the Mavic have the latest firmware version? Check also the gimbal camera to see if everything is in place and not loose. Also it does not hurt to uninstall DJI go app and re-install.

Did u checked to see if the Mavic have the latest firmware version? Check also the gimbal camera to see if everything is in place and not loose. Also it does not hurt to uninstall DJI go app and re-install.

Yes I checked the gimbal rubbers etc. I havnt tried reinstalling the app & I do have the latest fw. I will give it a try as you say it can't hurt but it is the same on my phone & my tablet.

Yes I checked the gimbal rubbers etc. I havnt tried reinstalling the app & I do have the latest fw. I will give it a try as you say it can't hurt but it is the same on my phone & my tablet.
You are judging the video stored on the aircraft's internal SD card and not the video stored on your phone/tablet, right? Just checking.

You are judging the video stored on the aircraft's internal SD card and not the video stored on your phone/tablet, right? Just checking.

Yes from the mavic sd card. I do see it in the live feed as well.
I had another try yesterday to make it all work & at one point my gimble reverted to straight forward while I was simply hovering & then I had no control over the gimbal so I started to land to restart him but just as I landed it worked again. I'm not sure if this is related or not but it looks this way.
Another thing that happened the day before this is I lost control of the exposure on the right toggle wheel, no response & no beeping as it normally does, but this DID need a mavic restart before it worked again.
So there seems to be a few gimbal related issues? :mad:

Oh wow. It’s like every mavic doesn’t like you. Sorry you had this problem. Very strange, since DJI just sends a reburbished one as replacement, which they would have tested properly before sending it out to customer. Can’t think of anything else you could do. Maybe ask to have it sent to a different service centre.
Maybe you were just holding the RC wrong ;)

Oh wow. It’s like every mavic doesn’t like you. Sorry you had this problem. Very strange, since DJI just sends a reburbished one as replacement, which they would have tested properly before sending it out to customer. Can’t think of anything else you could do. Maybe ask to have it sent to a different service centre.
Maybe you were just holding the RC wrong ;)

Tell me about it. My original one was perfect & it was my own stupid fault I crashed it.
You would think they test them wouldn't you but my 2nd & 3rd came back with the same error that I sent it off for & I told the to test it properly for what good that might do.
The 1st replacement had a vision system error which was very obvious as it was there most if the time. I didn' even have to fly it to see the error. And then the 4th with the compass error. I only had to look at the sensors state to see strong interference on one of the compasses all of the time.

I'm sure I will get there one day. I've put in a complaint this time rather than open a return as I don' want to just send it away again. This has been going on since December so there are at least 4 months of losing out on my mavic. That is nearly half of the dji care cover. I have to laugh for my own sanity haha.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leon90