DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Losing the will with dji care

Never buy direct from DJI unless you like dealing like this.

A good dealer would replace it on the spot.

I did it one time. One time!

That was enough.

DJI made much more profit since you felt direct too.

You and DJI undercut your local dealer.

You better have a good Machete to cut through that Forrest.

Mavics just work! They are so reliable it’s scary.

Those problems are most likely FW issues. Tha craft needs to be rebooted from the factory.

Yours came from the bad bin. It needs a forced delete and reinstall of correct non buggy FW.

I’ve have owned 37 Mavics of many levels of condition. They just work!

Unless they need a hard reboot from DJI not some local authorized dealer or DJI repair center.

Changing boards out just compounds the problem with new hardware that hasn’t been tested or could be buggied up by the same original gimbal or other control board.

I had a inspire 2 camera infect my whole M series crafts.

As soon as the gimbal was removed I was all good and could update correctly.

One system if not found during inspection can screw up the craft again and again.

The fault seemed to be during a glitchy FW install initially. Then just kept on going until the bad part was discovered.

Support YOUR DEALERS! Not China! DJI is China!

And they make the best consumer drones on the planet.

Just team up with your country mates.

I fully agree & know they are really reliable & work etc. It was fine before & my new 'refurb' I purchased as a spare is fine which is why I put it down to very bad luck.
I didn' buy it from dji, I bought it from eBay with only a few hours flight time but the dji care was transferable.

They all flew perfectly fine but it was just little niggles each time.

They make the best drones at the minute but I can't wait until the competition gets better because I'm personally p11sed off as you can understand. It's a greedy company & there are reasons DJI has the monopoly but it can't last forever I'm sure.

It looks like this it what I may need to do now. My DJI care has just expired while they have been dragging their feet & now they are no longer responding to my emails!

Edit: see screenshot. I could make this sh1t up.

WTH :eek:

Reactions: Afremont
This stuff is ridiculous. You can bet my next purchase won't be from them. Skydio is looking like the best platform now, but expensive and lacking in features they could easily add. Their core processor is the best thing going should a manufacturer wish to build a crash proof truly smart drone. The Nvidia Jetson processing tech is miles ahead of anything I've been able to find on the market in a drone. I'm just not looking for a selfie drone. Something like a Mavic foldable design and a better camera combined with a Jetson TX2 brain and collision avoidance capability would be awesome.

Reactions: Aww@Mavic
Yes it has always been a very frustrating unhappy experience dealing with DJI and am sure I'm not alone.

Hi all, just wondering if anyone else has had such a bad experience like mine. I didntvwant to make a thread bad mouthing the company as everyone makes mistakes but now I have been sent back a faulty drone 3 times in a row.

Basically I had a crash in December which was my own stupid fault. I had to pay for a new drone/replacement which was all well & good but it arrived with a "vision system error."
So I get another replacement in January which then came with a "gimbal shake error."
I didn't send this off until Febuary as I had no time to test after doing all the necessary checks & recalibrations with weather etc.
Anyway my controler also developed a "stick error" so back the drone went to with all details they needed & I stressed the fact that I already had 2 faulty drones sent to me by now.
Fast forward to just receiveing the same drone this time still with the intermittent gimbal shake error.

I am now completey losing my faith as obviously I am looking at returning it yet again.
The customer support is useless as they have no real communication at all with the repair center. After sending the drone back with the vision error the report online stated they had changed the gimbal control board so I contacted online support with my concern that this does not sound right but they basically told me not to worry.
I now realise the reason for this is maybe because they replaced the drone but stated what was repaired on the refurbished unit instead.
So the 3rd time around I was obviously not happy & stressed to them to properly check it over this time as it was becoming a joke. This time nothing on the report was mentioned about any repairs to my drone & again I was assured they will have fixed it.

I am thinking of selling up once it is finally back & I will definatly not be using dji care again. I have missed opprtunities & after sending it off again they will have had my drone for the best part of a month in total.

Sorry for the long winded thread :/

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leon90