DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost drone

I started off with RTH at 120m.

Quickly found it's better to set according to the terrain especially where wind is involved.

It's an extra step before every flight but ensures the mavic is not exposed to unnecessary wind speed in the event of a failsafe RTH.
I agree but it's all situational. For example if the drone lost signal and RTH activated, when the drone climbs you may find your signal comes back and you can now safely control the drone again. Like you say, it's probably best to adjust the RTH altitude accordingly every single time based on the conditions.

I just received this email from DJI.

"Hi Paul,

Thanks for your patience.

For the unfortunate incident happened to your drone, we have confirmed it as a warranty case according to our analysis. We would like to offer you a 100% off coupon code for Mavic Pro without charger and remote, then you can place an order for it from DJI online store.

----------If the model is incorrect, please let us know.
----------Sorry that it is not available to apply the value of the discount to any other model other than the original model, or to credit the value to your account.

And may I know when you place the order, do you want to ship the aircraft to the United States?

Please reply this email directly so that we will handle it in time. Should you have more questions, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
Evelyn
DJI Tech Support"

"Hi Paul,

For the unfortunate incident happened to your drone, we have confirmed it as a warranty case according to our analysis. We would like to offer you a 100% off coupon code for Mavic Pro without charger and remote, then you can place an order for it from DJI online store.

----------Sorry that it is not available to apply the value of the discount to any other model other than the original model, or to credit the value to your account.

And may I know when you place the order, do you want to ship the aircraft to the United States?

Please reply this email directly so that we will handle it in time. Should you have more questions, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
Evelyn
DJI Tech Support"
Excellent news.

Reactions: fivepak
Thought that should be the case by looking at the log, would be good if you found the original as well, spare / spare parts

"Hi Paul,

Best Regards,
Evelyn
DJI Tech Support"
Awesome news!!! Now.. to upgrade or not to upgrade.. that is the question.

I'm not sure why, but even though they decided in my favour, they said it'll take another four business days to send me a coupon code the order another drone.

No. I held it for a few seconds until it activated. It seemed to start coming back and then drifted away.
Do you guys think I have a case with DJI?
yeah, to me it seems like an error within the drone. still new to Mavic Pro but I have experience with Phantom 3 Pro. I'd talk with a DJI Rep and see if they can do anyting and possibly make a case

After DJI sent me the coupon code for a new drone, it arrived at my door only two days after ordering. I can't complain about the service.

Batteries are charged and when I get home from work I just have to make sure all firmware is updated, then try pairing the new drone to the old remote.

This time I have the drone labeled with my contact information. I'll also be buying a GPS tracker to attach to this drone.

Reactions: Haloweenhamster
After DJI sent me the coupon code for a new drone, it arrived at my door only two days after ordering. I can't complain about the service.

Batteries are charged and when I get home from work I just have to make sure all firmware is updated, then try pairing the new drone to the old remote.

This time I have the drone labeled with my contact information. I'll also be buying a GPS tracker to attach to this drone.

Sounds good ..

Let us know the progress!

No. I held it for a few seconds until it activated. It seemed to start coming back and then drifted away.
Do you guys think I have a case with DJI?
If you have the care fresh on you mavic you do, but you may need to find the drone

Wow... that was well worth the read.

Great kudos for DJI support.

My Mavic drifted like mad, but I kept it focused on the green line. I did notice, however, that the camera was facing one direction but it was flying another due to the major wind (which was not major 120 ft down where I was).

Makes me leary to take it out of anything other than "safe mode" (I call it that.. i.e. I have only really done litchi and small runs).

Grats on a new Mavic!

Russ

Firmware, app, and remote have the latest update. I took it for a short indoor test flight and everything seems to be going well. I'm going to be a very cautious flyer from now going forward. Time to research a decent GPS tracker for not too much money.

Thanks for all the support everyone.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard