DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost in the forest

I want to share with you the bad experience I had, a few days after later I bought my Mavic Pro. I've just put the subtitles in English for all people.
Don't forget to turn up the volume [emoji106]

Wow,
Other than losing signal from the controller, any idea what cause the malfunction??

Reactions: Former Member
Initially the dji go app was malfunctioning, with continuous problems of lack of gps signal and fake errors. now the app is more stable.
I assume the app was the problem.

Reactions: Former Member
You should be able to find the drone through the app - last known position - doesn't matter what your RTH height is, if the drone is above the RTH height it will fly home at that height then descend to the RTH then land - what I find odd is you lost signal and the quad landed still giving you a FPV view - I would have tried to engage the RTH as soon as you saw a problem via the controller since you still had FPV - I know its after the fact but still strange.

WOW - Glad you were able to find it. The video was interesting. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Reactions: APOVdrone
You should be able to find the drone through the app - last known position - doesn't matter what your RTH height is, if the drone is above the RTH height it will fly home at that height then descend to the RTH then land - what I find odd is you lost signal and the quad landed still giving you a FPV view - I would have tried to engage the RTH as soon as you saw a problem via the controller since you still had FPV - I know its after the fact but still strange.
Of course, but as I described in the video, Rth had switched off, so Drone is landed when it lost the signal. L Dji Go app told me the exact landing position but the forest was not easy to cross!
Now always checking to have RTH activate.

Of course, but as I described in the video, Rth had switched off, so Drone is landed when it lost the signal. L Dji Go app told me the exact landing position but the forest was not easy to cross!
Now always checking to have RTH activate.

Mnn, so you had RTH off, or did it switch off on it's own ??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom